DutchGFX

Caribbean
Fishing in Anguilla?

Rate this topic

2 posts in this topic

All, 

I've been to Anguilla many times, but I've never had much luck in the surf. I've fished from Rendezvous Bay, and all I ever catch is small whitebacks and the occasional small Jack or needlefish. I'm planning on bringing more plugs and a variety of gear this time to hopefully change my luck, but I'm wondering if anyone here has done much fishing in those parts? I heard that there are some decent tarpon spots on the island (from locals) but I don't know where they are. I don't have a boat there, so I'm looking for reefs and other areas that I can reach from shore. 

Does anyone have any good spots on the island? Any places with night lights? 

Thanks a bunch! 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Spent some time there...and have done a bit of snorkeling and not seen anything large worth casting for. 

That said, years ago there was a restaurant (maybe there still is) at the Malliouhana hotel and you could see the big tarpon in the lights on the water. I saw them every time I was there. I don't know if you can fish there. The waiter told me the tarpon were called "sea bass" -- best of luck! Great place. Now I want some Anguillan crayfish. 

Edited by Blank Disc