superstriper

why not fund TSA?

Rate this topic

47 posts in this topic

20 mins ago, eddy said:

No thank you.

that's 'we'll tell you how to run your business, but you gotta spend your own money'

that's just as bad as what we have now which is 'we'll (the government) will do it ourselves and confiscate the money from everyone to pay for it.'

Outsource or do away with the service which is not likely.  Same for prison systems. Both are commodity services 

1 hour ago, Harf said:

Outsource or do away with the service which is not likely.  Same for prison systems. Both are commodity services 

no.

let the people who own the planes do that **** themselves.

we don't have TSA agents searching us before we get into our cars every day.  right?

and don't you dare use deaths per incident.  that would be disgraceful.

21 hours ago, jkrock said:

He's an expert on excrement.  his neighbor's septic tanks leak across his yard and onto his beach. 

Sounds like a ****hole !

1 hour ago, eddy said:

no.

we don't have TSA agents searching us before we get into our cars every day.  right?

yep. and nobody checks anyone before they enter the airport either, just when they want to get on the plane 

1 hour ago, eddy said:

no.

Airlines should fund their own security, paid for by the passengers, like any other cost of doing business.

If a certain airline has planes hijacked more often than the rest, guess which one loses passengers to the safer airlines.

1 min ago, Sandflee said:

yep. and nobody checks anyone before they enter the airport either, just when they want to get on the plane 

If I was a terrorist, and wanted to inflict maximum loss of human life, I would blow up my stuff before I even went through the scanners.

Most airports are wide open, crowded with people standing in lines, glass enclosed areas with limited ways for a herd of people to exit.

A suitcase full of boom could do massive damage, shutting down operations for an extended time, and never a scanner was needed to be breached.

4 mins ago, dena said:

If I was a terrorist, and wanted to inflict maximum loss of human life, I would blow up my stuff before I even went through the scanners.

Most airports are wide open, crowded with people standing in lines, glass enclosed areas with limited ways for a herd of people to exit.

A suitcase full of boom could do massive damage, shutting down operations for an extended time, and never a scanner was needed to be breached.

watch Adam Ruins everything, they have never foiled a single plan since the inception of the scanner etc....

1 min ago, Sandflee said:

watch Adam Ruins everything, they have never foiled a single plan since the inception of the scanner etc....

I know.

If they ever uncovered one person with a carry on bag full of boom, it would be front page news.

never heard a peep.

If you keep “except- but” ing, you eventually lose all leverage. It’s suppossed to be uncomfortable and scary. That’s the point. 

Lookie.  Here is some Pajamaboy at vox dot com bemaoaning the TSA just the other day:

L

ast week, as many as 170 TSA employees at John F. Kennedy International Airport called in sick each day. At Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, two to three times as many TSA agents called in sick as usual. And at North Carolina airports in Charlotte and Raleigh-Durham, the TSA agent sick-call rates were 10 percent higher than usual.

According to CNN’s sources, airport screeners will likely do fewer random pat-downs, bag inspections, and other screenings. That could create a potential security vulnerability — an ironic, if dangerous, situation given that the root cause of the shutdown is a fight over people coming into the country.

(Cue the violins)

AND HERE is Vox dot com P hat  about  year ago:

Few post-9/11 security measures have proven as enduring as the creation of the Transportation Security Administration, which effectively nationalized airport security and dramatically increased screening procedures on flights. In a matter of months, flights went from something you could arrive 30 minutes to an hour beforehand and be fine to something you needed to budget two hours for, what with the shoe removal and the liquids and the possibility of a random pat-down.

It's annoying, but it's also worse than annoying. The TSA's inefficiency isn't just aggravating and unnecessary; by pushing people to drive instead of fly, it's actively dangerous and costing lives. Less invasive private scanning would be considerably better.

Orange Man Bad.

On 1/8/2019 at 10:21 AM, BLT said:

Some Deputy Director of the TSA was on the news this morning. They are on the job working w/o pay, although they have always received the back pay for hours worked. this Friday will be their last paycheck, so will see what happens after that. Also said the average TSA worker is making $40,000 a year. Are they effective? I don't know, haven't really seen any stats on it.

Thanks for the info:)

20 hours ago, codfish said:

Thanks for the info:)

I think I did make a mistake in that post, this will be the first paycheck they will not receive, not the last paycheck they will get.

Miami international airport has closed a concourse for specific hours because the number of TSA agents calling in sick. It’s a concourse with smaller footprint of airlines, not the majors. They did move the airlines affected to the other concourses to not spread the agents thin. 

This could expand given enough time and as more length of a shutdown happens. It won’t take long before this shuts down the majors too. 

13 mins ago, saltfisherman said:

Miami international airport has closed a concourse for specific hours because the number of TSA agents calling in sick.

Fire them.  

On 1/8/2019 at 9:14 AM, superstriper said:

TSA is responsible for keeping our airline passengers safe-why is it  part of the shutdown-this should  never be allowed as long as we have government  in charge of airline safety. If congress can set up a system where they get paid during a shutdown the same should be done for those that have real safety and national security issues. If Trump wants to start going after border security via executive action his firs executive action as part of "national security emergency" should be funding TSA. 

Most of those on the "terrorist" list caught coming into America came via air not border crossings

sadly in our recent history it was airlines that were used to attack our country-since then there have been many upgrades to our TSA system but it wont well as well without workers actually being there and doing their jobs and being fully funded

congress and the president should pass a bill today fully funding the TSA as it actually is a national security threat

that would be too smart of a thing to do for this administration to figure out  , good post