MikeBlue

Charter Suggestions

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

My son-in-law wants to book a charter this summer. He is from the Buffalo area and not a saltwater fisherman, I fish the CCC regularly. I have the name of a boat out of Falmouth, all day for four people. I know next to nothing about charters and need some advice. The time is open, anything from June to September would work. I want to avoid 'bait and wait', that may not be possible. I'm leaning towards 'off shore'. The company offers, stripers, off shore, ground fishing, sharks, tuna. I have no idea if my son-in-law is susceptible to getting sea sick. Any advice will be appreciated.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Lots of options depending on where you want to leave from, and what you want to fish for. Terry on the Riptide is good. For groundfishing you could do a lot worse than Dave Waldrip or any of the other boats in the Stellwagon Bank Charter Assn.

Edited by MakoMike

Mike I would check out Little sisters [Jason Colby] or even Capt John Boats in June for early haddock fishing. Or even flounder fishing 

Does it make any difference what he wants to fish for ? 

if a “wide open” timeframe (june to september is pretty wide open) i’d suggest a little more honing in on species.

species will dictate best timeframe and help with suggested charters (who, when, from where, in-shore, off-shore etc).

do they know “how” to fish ?  a june bass or september albie trip might be interesting.  if little or minimal fishing experience, perhaps a black sea bass jigging charter thats simpler, near shore, and usually big volume (?)