Gotcow?

Trump just says Stupid Sh*t

Rate this topic

62 posts in this topic

7 mins ago, JoeyZac said:

I'll initially point to the several Bills he signed reforming the VA to take better care of our Vets.  That was very important to me.

Great point! :th: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

Oh how Trump loves the working man "15 reasons"

1) Denied guaranteed overtime pay to 12.5 million workers, effectively transferring $1.2 billion from their paychecks to their bosses’ bank accounts.

2) Proposed a rule allowing companies with less than 250 workers to cease reporting workplace injuries and illness statistics to Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) — and removed a list of Americans killed in workplace accidents from OSHA’s home page.

3) Refused to ban a pesticide that’s been linked to birth defects in the children of farmworkers, in defiance of EPA scientists’ advice.

4) Asked the Supreme Court to uphold the right of employers to include forced arbitration clauses in contracts, thereby denying workers the capacity to press complaints against their bosses in open court.

5) Tried to throw millions of working-poor people off of Medicaid, then, once that failed, deliberately engineered a spike in health-insurance premiums, out of sheer spite.

6) Appointed one Supreme Court justice who had ruled that a trucker could be justly fired for abandoning his broken-down vehicle, instead of honoring his contractual obligation to freeze to death with his cargo, and nominated another who’d found that San Diego SeaWorld could not be held liable in the death of an employee who was killed by a killer whale. (The former pick ended up producing a landmark decision that gutted funding for public-sector unions, in defiance of decades-old precedent.)

7) Repealed a rule that required retirement advisers to prioritize their clients’ financial interests over their own (thereby giving investment advisers permission to secretly gamble with aging workers’ savings).

8) Repealed a rule that had required companies to inspect mines for safety hazards (such as loose pieces of rock that might crumble and fall as they work) before workers began their shifts.

9) Proposed allowing hog-processing plants to run their lines at a speed greater than “1,100 hogs per hour,” a move that is all but certain to increase worker injuries.

10) Appointed two attorneys — who had made careers representing management in disputes with workers — to the National Labor Relations Board. Those appointees proceeded to overturn a series of pro-labor decisions, including ones that had buttressed workers’ rights to organize unions without their employers’ unlawful interference; guaranteed the right of unions to bargain over changes in employment conditions; and required parent companies to bargain with unions employed at their franchise locations (that ruling was subsequently thrown out on conflict-of-interest grounds).

11) Passed giant, regressive tax cuts that were written specifically to allow owners of capital to pay lower rates on their passive income than workers do on their hard-earned wages.

12) Canceled a scheduled pay “increase” for federal workers that would have merely allowed their existing salaries to keep pace with inflation.

13) Reduced oversight of abusive payday lenders and scam colleges.

14) Proposed a rule that would allow restaurant owners to steal their workers’ tips, and hid a study showing that this could cost waiters and waitresses billions of dollars.

15) Restored the right of serial labor-law violators to compete for government contracts.

This is an odd record for a populist champion of the “forgotten man and woman” to amass, but it’s also precisely what you’d expect from a real-estate heir who routinely stiffed his company’s contractors, defrauded customers, fleeced small investors, and suggested, in public remarks, that the owners of capital are genetically superior to coal miners, who consign themselves to “black-lung disease” because they’re born too unimaginative to consider leaving “the damn mines.”
 

Edited by codfish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 mins ago, J said:

Great point! :th: 

 

And I'd also like to point out, that like just about everything else he's done, reforming the VA was something he promised to do.

 

He is doing EVERYTHING he said he would, and where he's not, it's only because as he's not a king, he does need the help/funding/permission of Congress to do it.

 

From the economy, to immigration, to Foreign Affairs, to VA, President Trump is doing everything Candidate Trump said he would.  That counts for something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, JoeyZac said:

 

Well.............. Since it's not even remotely possible to compete with J's extraordinarily fact filled response, I just let you know in a nutshell what I "feel" he has accomplished.

 

I said "economy, immigration and foreign affairs."

 

I'm happy with his results in the stock market, unemployment and consumer confidence.

I'm happy with his making illegal immigration a national security/crisis matter.

And I love how he is playing hardball with both our allies and rivals/enemies on the worlds stage.

 

As for what you specifically asked, legislation, while this may seem a copout, legislation is the job of Congress, not the POTUS.

 

When he signs or vetos a major Bill given to him, then I'll have a comment on that, and I'll initially point to the several Bills he signed reforming the VA to take better care of our Vets.  That was very important to me.

 

J's post was basically " the economy is doing well" said 100 different ways.. and little legislation.  The economy has been growing since...Obama! Any white house in an economic upswing could put out a similar list. 

 

https://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2018/11/06/who-gets-credit-for-economy-obama-or-trump-the-answer-is-both/

 

He's certainly stressed immigration reform. As far as achievements  go, he hasn't done anything substantial compared to his predecessors. Still time to change that, but I think he'd achieve a lot more if he shifted his focus to policy and not barriers. A lot of illegal immigration starts with legal entry. 

 

I too like that he at least attempts to get better trade deals...I'm glad he is hard on China. A lot of his "wins" with these deals are grossly exaggerated, but at least he tries. I also agree, the VA budget approval is certainly a positive.

 

The reason I stress legislation is because legislation is difficult to over turn. While yes, congress ultimately introduces legislation, the white house does play a significant role in it's formation, and eventually it's approval.  Trump had 2 years with a republican lead house and senate, something he may never get again. Without the many distractions of Trump, I believe they could have accomplished much more. His legacy could ultimately amount to supreme court picks, which is more luck than anything else. Much of what he's accomplished so far could be undone with the snap of a finger. 

 

I won't get into his "achievements" I disagree with, that is just a manner of different opinions. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by C.Robin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 mins ago, C.Robin said:

..............The reason I stress legislation is because legislation is difficult to over turn.............

 

I view legislation and SCOTUS picks as the most important things that can be done, yes, but he can only sign Bills into law.  He can't write or pass them.  That's on Congress.

 

He is calling for them to do what he wants, but the Dems are obstructing, and why wouldn't they?

 

He is raising public awareness about illegal immigration and bad trade deals, but sadly, I think he'd be able to get a lot more done if he would soften his tone a bit.  A lot actually, but he's not going to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JoeyZac said:

 

I view legislation and SCOTUS picks as the most important things that can be done, yes, but he can only sign Bills into law.  He can't write or pass them.  That's on Congress.

 

He is calling for them to do what he wants, but the Dems are obstructing, and why wouldn't they?

 

He is raising public awareness about illegal immigration and bad trade deals, but sadly, I think he'd be able to get a lot more done if he would soften his tone a bit.  A lot actually, but he's not going to.

 "bad trade deals" This is one area I give him credit for trying:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2019 at 8:19 PM, codfish said:

Oh how Trump loves the working man "15 reasons"

1) Denied guaranteed overtime pay to 12.5 million workers, effectively transferring $1.2 billion from their paychecks to their bosses’ bank accounts.

2) Proposed a rule allowing companies with less than 250 workers to cease reporting workplace injuries and illness statistics to Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) — and removed a list of Americans killed in workplace accidents from OSHA’s home page.

3) Refused to ban a pesticide that’s been linked to birth defects in the children of farmworkers, in defiance of EPA scientists’ advice.

4) Asked the Supreme Court to uphold the right of employers to include forced arbitration clauses in contracts, thereby denying workers the capacity to press complaints against their bosses in open court.

5) Tried to throw millions of working-poor people off of Medicaid, then, once that failed, deliberately engineered a spike in health-insurance premiums, out of sheer spite.

6) Appointed one Supreme Court justice who had ruled that a trucker could be justly fired for abandoning his broken-down vehicle, instead of honoring his contractual obligation to freeze to death with his cargo, and nominated another who’d found that San Diego SeaWorld could not be held liable in the death of an employee who was killed by a killer whale. (The former pick ended up producing a landmark decision that gutted funding for public-sector unions, in defiance of decades-old precedent.)

7) Repealed a rule that required retirement advisers to prioritize their clients’ financial interests over their own (thereby giving investment advisers permission to secretly gamble with aging workers’ savings).

8) Repealed a rule that had required companies to inspect mines for safety hazards (such as loose pieces of rock that might crumble and fall as they work) before workers began their shifts.

9) Proposed allowing hog-processing plants to run their lines at a speed greater than “1,100 hogs per hour,” a move that is all but certain to increase worker injuries.

10) Appointed two attorneys — who had made careers representing management in disputes with workers — to the National Labor Relations Board. Those appointees proceeded to overturn a series of pro-labor decisions, including ones that had buttressed workers’ rights to organize unions without their employers’ unlawful interference; guaranteed the right of unions to bargain over changes in employment conditions; and required parent companies to bargain with unions employed at their franchise locations (that ruling was subsequently thrown out on conflict-of-interest grounds).

11) Passed giant, regressive tax cuts that were written specifically to allow owners of capital to pay lower rates on their passive income than workers do on their hard-earned wages.

12) Canceled a scheduled pay “increase” for federal workers that would have merely allowed their existing salaries to keep pace with inflation.

13) Reduced oversight of abusive payday lenders and scam colleges.

14) Proposed a rule that would allow restaurant owners to steal their workers’ tips, and hid a study showing that this could cost waiters and waitresses billions of dollars.

15) Restored the right of serial labor-law violators to compete for government contracts.

This is an odd record for a populist champion of the “forgotten man and woman” to amass, but it’s also precisely what you’d expect from a real-estate heir who routinely stiffed his company’s contractors, defrauded customers, fleeced small investors, and suggested, in public remarks, that the owners of capital are genetically superior to coal miners, who consign themselves to “black-lung disease” because they’re born too unimaginative to consider leaving “the damn mines.”
 

 2x's 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 1/7/2019 at 8:19 PM, codfish said:

Oh how Trump loves the working man "15 reasons"

1) Denied guaranteed overtime pay to 12.5 million workers, effectively transferring $1.2 billion from their paychecks to their bosses’ bank accounts.

2) Proposed a rule allowing companies with less than 250 workers to cease reporting workplace injuries and illness statistics to Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) — and removed a list of Americans killed in workplace accidents from OSHA’s home page.

3) Refused to ban a pesticide that’s been linked to birth defects in the children of farmworkers, in defiance of EPA scientists’ advice.

4) Asked the Supreme Court to uphold the right of employers to include forced arbitration clauses in contracts, thereby denying workers the capacity to press complaints against their bosses in open court.

5) Tried to throw millions of working-poor people off of Medicaid, then, once that failed, deliberately engineered a spike in health-insurance premiums, out of sheer spite.

6) Appointed one Supreme Court justice who had ruled that a trucker could be justly fired for abandoning his broken-down vehicle, instead of honoring his contractual obligation to freeze to death with his cargo, and nominated another who’d found that San Diego SeaWorld could not be held liable in the death of an employee who was killed by a killer whale. (The former pick ended up producing a landmark decision that gutted funding for public-sector unions, in defiance of decades-old precedent.)

7) Repealed a rule that required retirement advisers to prioritize their clients’ financial interests over their own (thereby giving investment advisers permission to secretly gamble with aging workers’ savings).

8) Repealed a rule that had required companies to inspect mines for safety hazards (such as loose pieces of rock that might crumble and fall as they work) before workers began their shifts.

9) Proposed allowing hog-processing plants to run their lines at a speed greater than “1,100 hogs per hour,” a move that is all but certain to increase worker injuries.

10) Appointed two attorneys — who had made careers representing management in disputes with workers — to the National Labor Relations Board. Those appointees proceeded to overturn a series of pro-labor decisions, including ones that had buttressed workers’ rights to organize unions without their employers’ unlawful interference; guaranteed the right of unions to bargain over changes in employment conditions; and required parent companies to bargain with unions employed at their franchise locations (that ruling was subsequently thrown out on conflict-of-interest grounds).

11) Passed giant, regressive tax cuts that were written specifically to allow owners of capital to pay lower rates on their passive income than workers do on their hard-earned wages.

12) Canceled a scheduled pay “increase” for federal workers that would have merely allowed their existing salaries to keep pace with inflation.

13) Reduced oversight of abusive payday lenders and scam colleges.

14) Proposed a rule that would allow restaurant owners to steal their workers’ tips, and hid a study showing that this could cost waiters and waitresses billions of dollars.

15) Restored the right of serial labor-law violators to compete for government contracts.

This is an odd record for a populist champion of the “forgotten man and woman” to amass, but it’s also precisely what you’d expect from a real-estate heir who routinely stiffed his company’s contractors, defrauded customers, fleeced small investors, and suggested, in public remarks, that the owners of capital are genetically superior to coal miners, who consign themselves to “black-lung disease” because they’re born too unimaginative to consider leaving “the damn mines.”
 

Question for Codfish.  Are you "exGOPer" from the elite trader discussion forum, or is he the person you simply lifted that from?  

 

The article, after looking around was stolen (exGOPer lifted it without attributing it either) from NY Magazine, the column called Intellligencer.

 

I was going to debate and discuss with you, but since you did what you did, I think I'll dash off a note to the actual author and debate it with him.

 

 

 

(psst----Hillary lost)

Edited by Little

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 mins ago, Hook I said:

 2x's 

 

Will you at least have the decncy to credit the author?  Or no?  I mean I told you where it is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 mins ago, Little said:

Will you at least have the decncy to credit the author?  Or no?  I mean I told you where it is

all of a sudden your preaching decency    Ha Ha 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.