john1234

What happened to ocean lures?

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

Loved the sandeel and have been trying to get one for a while now in the bst no luck.......can’t find the website so I assume they’re gone?

Their tuna lures were very popular 8 or 9 years ago and became part off the Riptide Tuna Series. I purchased a halfbeak surface darter and an SP heavy from an SOL member in June, 2011.  I will check my lures for the sandeel when I get to MA later this month.

On 1/6/2019 at 3:57 PM, john1234 said:

Loved the sandeel and have been trying to get one for a while now in the bst no luck.......can’t find the website so I assume they’re gone?

I think I have an ocean lures sandeel hanging on my plug rack. I’ll check tonight or in the morning

50 mins ago, super-fly said:

I think I have an ocean lures sandeel hanging on my plug rack. I’ll check tonight or in the morning

Please do......

9 hours ago, Matteo78 said:

The wounded peanut bunker was a killer as well 

This is the Ocean that I had on my plug rack. It’s not the sandeeel but I’m sure I have 1-2 kicking around. I have a tote totes filled with plug boxes I’ll check them later

4AC63C02-58D1-42EC-AE4F-9D7963FAC872.jpeg

3 hours ago, super-fly said:

This is the Ocean that I had on my plug rack. It’s not the sandeeel but I’m sure I have 1-2 kicking around. I have a tote totes filled with plug boxes I’ll check them later

4AC63C02-58D1-42EC-AE4F-9D7963FAC872.jpeg

If you put the sandeeel in my WTB thread I would be very thankful, killer plug but I can’t find em anymore and I’m not in town enough to search shops.

17 mins ago, john1234 said:

If you put the sandeeel in my WTB thread I would be very thankful, killer plug but I can’t find em anymore and I’m not in town enough to search shops.

This is what I’ve found so far. Not sure If the top one is the sandeel or half beak?

DA58070E-6023-4C5F-AF43-86CEED4A9BF5.jpeg

If I locate my sand eels I’ll post them on your bst thread. I’m glad I saw this thread. Got me thinking about ocean lures. They were great fish catchers. Simple but very castable and durable. 

I used to get these at now defunct B&T shops (Fin & Fur and First Light Anglers).   The last I heard, and this was several years ago, the guy who made them needed to focus on his real job and was taking a break from building and selling.  

IMG_3062.jpg