gadwall8

1 hour ago, Sandflee said:

Not much of a spicy pepper person but these little things have some kick

What’s the best way to preserve these 

dry them? Process?

F798819D-E455-435F-8CBD-DB26BA27DAE5.jpeg

4B2AD586-E84C-4597-A77F-E00E92B24745.jpeg

775E33E7-1486-45FC-8307-53FA5823BBAB.jpeg

They look like long slim red. I dehydragte them and make looney peppers out of them, mostly. 

You know it must be a penguin bound down if you hear that terrible screaming and there ain't no other birds around. 

7 hours ago, MikeMc said:

They look like long slim red. I dehydragte them and make looney peppers out of them, mostly. 

Pic is deceiving maybe 3” tops 

funny the guy guy at the seed packet factory must have been having a bad day, these came from a Cubanelle pack I got half  cubanelle and half of these 

Edited by Sandflee

If you try to change it, you will ruin it. Try to hold it, and you will lose it.

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

9 hours ago, Sandflee said:

Pic is deceiving maybe 3” tops 

funny the guy guy at the seed packet factory must have been having a bad day, these came from a Cubanelle pack I got half  cubanelle and half of these 

Yeah, two years now I've ordered what I thought were peppers Looney had given me a couple years ago. Instead, they are these peppers mattituck Mike calls mouse chit peppers because they are the shape of a mouse turd, but bigger. 

You know it must be a penguin bound down if you hear that terrible screaming and there ain't no other birds around. 

I probably see 10-15% off-types on average.  Unless grown in isolation peppers are just really prone to cross pollinating.  Those off types are usually the ones I save seeds from though because subsequent generations will show the whole range of genetic diversity present in the parent plants.  Probably half of my 70 plants this year are unique varieites that descended from those unintentional crosses.  Its kinda neat growing stuff noboby else has and not knowing what color, shape, etc. you're going to end up with.

I've done stuff I ain't proud of, and the stuff I am proud of is disgusting.

5 hours ago, MikeMc said:

Yeah, two years now I've ordered what I thought were peppers Looney had given me a couple years ago. Instead, they are these peppers mattituck Mike calls mouse chit peppers because they are the shape of a mouse turd, but bigger. 

E6A3CA3E-7E01-4881-8C8F-AAC80D5F36B6.jpeg

If you try to change it, you will ruin it. Try to hold it, and you will lose it.

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching