gadwall8

The 2019 Tavern Victory Garden Thread

Rate this topic

131 posts in this topic

Seed catalogs are piling up, the season is in full swing for our southern hemisphere friends, and there's even hydroponic chatter.... welcome to the 2019 season!

What worked last year? What didn't?  How about some plans and ideas for this year...

:v:

Had really bad luck with my seedlings last year. They sprouted, grew well, but then died. I think this year I am going to get those biodegradable nursery bags and give them a try. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

4 mins ago, MikeMc said:

Had really bad luck with my seedlings last year. They sprouted, grew well, but then died. I think this year I am going to get those biodegradable nursery bags and give them a try. 

Where from?

Amazon??

Edited by MickAff

2 mins ago, MikeMc said:

I use grow bags for the plants already, Mick. I like them way better than buckets. 

Do you plant in the ground as well, veggie patch???

4 mins ago, MikeMc said:

I use grow bags for the plants already, Mick. I like them way better than buckets. 

Buckets eventually break down in the elements 

31 mins ago, MikeMc said:

Oh yeah, my tomato production sucked, too. 

I think all the rain we got didn’t help the maters. As usual my cherry tomatoes grew well but the bigger ones were so so. And those damn squirrels were at it agam, waiting to a nice big tomato was getting ripe and boom, a big bite mark out of it.:mad:

Edited by JMB

3 mins ago, JMB said:

I think all the rain we got didn’t help the maters. As usual my cherry tomatoes grew well but the bigger ones were so so. And those damn squirrels were at it agam, waiting to a nice big tomato was getting ripe and boom, a big bite mark out of it.:mad:

Squirrel Stew

These were picked under ripe, they ripened up in the kitchen.

20190106_152752.jpg

Edited by MickAff

9 mins ago, JMB said:

Yeah, someone else said in the other thread too much rain isn't good for the maters. It rained so much, I very rarely watered last year.