Peterjohnson835

Zeebaas vs van stall

Rate this topic

44 posts in this topic

Different manufacturers, albeit they were both started by the same gent. Same intended use, but VS has the lion's share of the market.  There are fifteen billion threads on these reels here, which you can find by using the Search bar at the top right of your screen. ZB is made here, VS in China, and I own neither. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Both are high end reels. Think of them as the Rolex and Omega of the spinning reel world. However, they are pricey  and you absolutely don’t need to have one to catch fish well. I don’t own one either.  I do believe that many owners of high end reels simply own them for the bragging rights they carry. There’s nothing wrong with owning a nice thing but don’t convince yourself that you have to have  best reel available to be a good fisherman.

Edited by valentine

1 hour ago, Fishy4335 said:

If your a lefty you cant go with VS! 

Wrong. U can but they are harder to find.

12 hours ago, BrianBM said:

Different manufacturers, albeit they were both started by the same gent. Same intended use, but VS has the lion's share of the market.  There are fifteen billion threads on these reels here, which you can find by using the Search bar at the top right of your screen. ZB is made here, VS in China, and I own neither. 

WWG1WGA

Both reels are of the best quality on the market. Both are completely sealed which is the biggest selling point. ( VR models are not fully sealed).

Zeebass 20=VS 100. 22=VS150. 25=VS200.  27=VS250 in spool size. Zeebass has same body size on all reels and 4 different spool sizes. 

To me the Zeebass is a bulkier/heavier reel that borders on almost too bulky. 

Zeebass has a smoother retrieve than the VS reels.

Zeebass is a bit more expensive new than the VS ( except the VR).

Zeebass has a dual anti reverse clutch that gives it a solid feel you have to feel to believe.

Zeebass are easier to service. 

Cant go wrong with either really.  Head to head I would say Zeebass is a better reel and is made in the USA in CT. 

10 hours ago, Huy said:

Wrong. U can but they are harder to find.

Yes, but they dont make any of the newer models in lefty..... if someone want to buy a brand new lefty reel they cant.... the market needs a 200 vs lefty..... 

12 hours ago, valentine said:

Both are high end reels. Think of them as the Rolex and Omega of the spinning reel world. However, they are pricey  and you absolutely don’t need to have one to catch fish well. I don’t own one either.  I do believe that many owners of high end reels simply own them for the bragging rights they carry. There’s nothing wrong with owning a nice thing but don’t convince yourself that you have to have  best reel available to be a good fisherman.

I've owned both reels and both watches and can assure you that in neither case do they compare.

Marc

Posted (edited) · Report post

8 hours ago, jsbergen said:

Both reels are of the best quality on the market. Both are completely sealed which is the biggest selling point..

How do you come to that conclusion.  ( VR models are not fully sealed)

Edited by LB

3 hours ago, LB said:

How do you come to that conclusion.  ( VR models are not fully sealed)

I included that in the post and It’s common knowledge that the VR models are the 2nd tier, more affordable reels. I’m speaking of the other VS and ZX Zeebass reels. VR’s removed, it’s clear that they ( and Stella’s) are indeed of the best quality on the market. The VR is at the top of the list when comparing non full sealed reels.