Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hook I

Hunter Lake ,NY

7 posts in this topic

Kids & grandkids are looking to do some summer fishing in the Catskills . Its listed as Parksville / Rockland  boating  , jet ski , stuff like that  I'm more Trout fishing on the Willowemoc ,Beaverkill . It's not that far from my home so travel the summer would be great . I know there are many options but looking for about this lake 

Anyone can pass on info about Hunter Lake ?     good or bad  pms are always welcome     Tks 

Fished it about 20 Years ago and then looked at buying a place there about 10 years ago.  Fun lake, Largies and Smallies.  Tough to get into if your not a resident.  I stayed at the camp ground and thats how I got in.  Mid Day skiers can be a problem  Night fishing for smallies was incredible some nights!

3 hours ago, flyman28 said:

Fished it about 20 Years ago and then looked at buying a place there about 10 years ago.  Fun lake, Largies and Smallies.  Tough to get into if your not a resident.  I stayed at the camp ground and thats how I got in.  Mid Day skiers can be a problem  Night fishing for smallies was incredible some nights!

Thanks that's good to know , 

the area itself is loaded with trout streams,,,,if you dont have a boat,,,you're only a few miles from Monagap State Campground,,where they rent rowboats,,,canoes,,,etc

10 mins ago, gojoe1020 said:

the area itself is loaded with trout streams,,,,if you dont have a boat,,,you're only a few miles from Monagap State Campground,,where they rent rowboats,,,canoes,,,etc

thanks for the info. :)