Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FlatWing

Survey of interest in Distance Casting

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

All:

Kind of taking a first swipe at figuring out if anyone is interested in distance casting.  Sportcast USA had tournaments in NJ up until 2012 or so, when the field rental became an attempted cash cow by Marlton Township.  I know that representative(s) of Sportcast have been putting out feelers in Monmouth/Ocean County, and you may have seen some discussion occurring in the Distance Casting threads.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

I do it myself locally, I live near maple grove racetrack and go to a field there. It would be nice to have someone to cast with. It’s hard to know what you are doing right/wrong when you are doing it alone. I cast 150 gram and up because I like drum fishing but all kinds of stuff you can do with it

I'm wondering if the field you use is large enough for official Sportcast events?  If you go to their Facebook (I do not use Facebook), you should be able to ask about this. Right now they only hold them at Kenilworth (DC area) and Newport News, VA.

22 mins ago, FlatWing said:

I'm wondering if the field you use is large enough for official Sportcast events?  If you go to their Facebook (I do not use Facebook), you should be able to ask about this. Right now they only hold them at Kenilworth (DC area) and Newport News, VA.

I really doubt it is big enough or flat enough. There is an area that would be but it’s hayfield. Its borderline safe for me casting there at around 575 ft I have had snapoffs go near the road.