Sudsy

Tricks and tweaks

Rate this topic

114 posts in this topic

When I’am fluke fishing and the snappers or crabs take the tail of my gulp I leave the body on and just add some pork rind or otter tail for the flutter, And Let them chew on that for a while.

Here's one;

I've done the Montauk weekend trips for years, sleeping in the day .... fishing at night, etc....

My last truck was an 06 explorer.
One thing that was always nice was to have total darkness & privacy in the truck when sleeping or anytime for that matter, especially in the lower lot.....

I installed sticky back Velcro tabs at the window frames, put the matching Tab on a fabricated curtain cut to size for each of the back windows made from thick black contractors bags.

Easy on easy off .....

Along with an adjustable shower rod & curtain between the cockpit & the back seat you have total darkness and complete privacy.

images.jpeg.b9fc829873ab4f85ef5fb3f4a166eada.jpeg

I keep a 2 gallon version of one of these in my beach/fishing vehicle. Filled with freshwater and nested in a 3  1/2 gallon bucket. Serves as a hand washing station. Pull the sprayer bottle out for portable gear/cutting board/cooler rinsing, without soaking my stuff in salt.

download.jpeg.f01cfd2db6a84a3b556ae52a7d6651c6.jpeg

These silicon hair bands have a multitude of fishing uses. I wrap around my spools to prevent line from unraveling, color coded for lb test. Keeps my two piece rods together for travelling. Use as snubbers when rods are in holders on vehicle/boat, keeps rods from rattling. Girth hitch around reel stem for a quick hook holder. Holding fly boxes closed.  Better than rubber bands as they are UV resistant, last nearly forever, and won't stick/melt to gear after extended use

32 mins ago, wok167 said:

These silicon hair bands have a multitude of fishing uses. I wrap around my spools to prevent line from unraveling, color coded for lb test. Keeps my two piece rods together for travelling. Use as snubbers when rods are in holders on vehicle/boat, keeps rods from rattling. Girth hitch around reel stem for a quick hook holder. Holding fly boxes closed.  Better than rubber bands as they are UV resistant, last nearly forever, and won't stick/melt to gear after extended use

I use them for when I got teaser rig on.. put it through itself on one the guides and stretch it to teaser and hook on .. keeps it from snagging everything when slip it in my car truck 

2 hours ago, Wire For Fire said:

I use them for when I got teaser rig on.. put it through itself on one the guides and stretch it to teaser and hook on .. keeps it from snagging everything when slip it in my car truck 

I use these for a million things but this is a new idea! Genius!

Every leader material Spool gets a loose wrap of velcro with a hole in it....... soft side down, adjust tension  as needed for smooth line removal.

Pull off what you want,  the rest stays neatly  spooled.

20190106_220359.jpg.1a049f4bd439e7287af2073a336c250e.jpg

On 1/4/2019 at 8:59 PM, charles s said:

Ok so this one is done with a micron loop on the head hook ... once I tie it up I zap a gap the sluggo head to the micron tied on the head hook and it’s solid 

058E9204-34B5-469F-8138-70FB1BA16EE4.jpeg

BA2148E2-93CE-4A2C-9041-096992CF23E9.jpeg

95742359-7362-48CF-995C-F8400BA22969.jpeg

853D39ED-7EA1-4413-AC62-145C7A338F41.jpeg

Great idea. I use something similar when I live bait. Good way to keep lines straight.

Always got one of these home made de-hookers hanging on my belt when using any kind of rubber.......

Sucks sometimes trying to work on a deep hooked fish with pliers......

just slide it onto the bend of the hook & push ...... comes right out in seconds.

Easy to make ....

1c8ef4b7_shadfork.jpeg.fc1e372f984c5901e424ef2c6d52ebc4.jpeg

ad495e81_vbattach240787.jpg.aa6596d4d8ba21eb3866d879cf5fd45b.jpg

Got some neo gloves with a worn thru casting finger?

Plasti-dip the tip..... it'll be good as new 

Repeat as needed.

abdecbee_tip.jpeg.4b2fff49d6efb6c1b4e935b09f74af28.jpeg

On 1/4/2019 at 8:59 PM, charles s said:

Ok so this one is done with a micron loop on the head hook ... once I tie it up I zap a gap the sluggo head to the micron tied on the head hook and it’s solid 

058E9204-34B5-469F-8138-70FB1BA16EE4.jpeg

BA2148E2-93CE-4A2C-9041-096992CF23E9.jpeg

95742359-7362-48CF-995C-F8400BA22969.jpeg

853D39ED-7EA1-4413-AC62-145C7A338F41.jpeg

you guys double rigging like this on bigger soft plastics find your getting many, or any, big bass on the tail hook only? i'm a texas rig guy, never really gave the vss/tandem rig a try :shrug: 

9 hours ago, BillZ said:

Here's one;

I've done the Montauk weekend trips for years, sleeping in the day .... fishing at night, etc....

My last truck was an 06 explorer.
One thing that was always nice was to have total darkness & privacy in the truck when sleeping or anytime for that matter, especially in the lower lot.....

I installed sticky back Velcro tabs at the window frames, put the matching Tab on a fabricated curtain cut to size for each of the back windows made from thick black contractors bags.

Easy on easy off .....

Along with an adjustable shower rod & curtain between the cockpit & the back seat you have total darkness and complete privacy.

another tip, same situation. just pound a bunch of breakfast beers and after a legit all nighter, you won't see lunch :th: 

5 hours ago, wok167 said:

:read: