Fishhead7

Eagles qb decision this off-season

Rate this topic

226 posts in this topic

Game winning drive by:

Spoiler

FOLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spoiler

Keep Foles  Eagles FAns!!!  He Wins the big games!

Edited by The Riddler

On 1/4/2019 at 9:25 PM, fishfood said:

This is Wentz's team going forward and I think only a Foles trip to Atlanta in February even warrants a serious discussion otherwise.   I suppose it's possible that Foles has leveled up and can continue with the upside of his bipolar career.  I'm having a hard time thinking of other examples.  Lots of guys have flash in pan seasons.... but has anyone had an up-and-down 6-7 years like Foles before suddenly becoming elite in their late 20s?   

Can't argue with Foles moxie.  I've loved the guy since the day Chris Baker absolutely blind-side decked him, and he dusted himself off and finished the game-winning TD drive.   It's rare that he hasn't been clutch when needed at the end of games, even if the ST and DEF couldn't hold his lead (looking at you, 2013 vs. the Saints eagles).  

All that said, I still think if you draw a venn diagram of Foles and Wentz's talent and potential, Foles circle is completely contained in Wentz's.   Whether or not Wentz realizes that potential remains to be seen.   

Kurt Warner?

My poor blood pressure.  What a game.   Foles with another clutch drive.   For a minute there it was looking like a repeat of the eagles/saints game back in '13.   Tough luck for the Bears fans....hard way to lose at home.   

Got the Sunday late game again next week.  It's awesome having the last game each week.  Best two weekends in the NFL.   0-2 vs Brees/Payton in the playoffs.  Time to end that streak.  Survived the defensive battle, time to go get in an offensive one.  

Foles has shown he deserves a shot somewhere, and besides if he can sign for Kirk Cousins kind of money why not. He's a good guy overall and has earned it. Did you see his performance today in the Bears game:)

I know it sounds odd, but I don't think Foles is drawn to money the way other players are.  I think he values his family, his religion, his friends, and the city of Philadelphia ...

He defines what people often refer to as "the home town discount".  How big is that discount?  TBD.

Just saw on one of the morning football shows that Nick Foles called that 4th and goal td play to Golden Tate, sprint right option. 

This kid is some kind of special player, wouldn't want to be the one to let him go. If St. Nick goes down and beats the Saints its really gonna hurt to see him go. Wentz will have some might big shoes to fill.

14 hours ago, Finster said:

Pretty funny coming from one of the snarkiest posters in this forum....

And no you dont heal quicker as you age. But if/when you shake the injury bug your not having injuries to heal from...

what about new injuries, for QBs that extend plays there are a few exceptions of longevity. Russel Wilson being one but then again I'd say hes quicker and slipperier than Wentz

3 hours ago, Bob fishhead Sproul said:

I know it sounds odd, but I don't think Foles is drawn to money the way other players are.  I think he values his family, his religion, his friends, and the city of Philadelphia ...

He defines what people often refer to as "the home town discount".  How big is that discount?  TBD.

The HTD would have to be in the range of 10-15 million off the top- he would be due 20 - 25 million if they keep him

9 mins ago, iphish said:

what about new injuries, for QBs that extend plays there are a few exceptions of longevity. Russel Wilson being one but then again I'd say hes quicker and slipperier than Wentz

If he has new injuries than he hasn't shaken the injury bug, has he?

Come on guys. It's really not a difficult concept to grasp...

I say they keep Foles next year. Still only 24 million total for the 2 QB's with Wentz on his rookie deal. And Foles still could exercise his 2 million buyout if he wants to test the market. He could try and leverage that into an additional option year with the Eagles in 2020. That would be tough if not impossible to keep both then though. Combined salaries jump up to over 40 million. 

Edited by Eagles Dare