Fishhead7

Eagles qb decision this off-season

Rate this topic

226 posts in this topic

So the Eagles have an interesting decision to make this coming off season... keep them both or not? 

They could keep Foles and get a pile of picks for Wentz, or let Foles go and get nothing in return, or keep them both. 

I suppose that if Foles wins more playoff games or even another Lombardi trophy the decision may get easier, or not? 

The cap is a big consideration, but maybe not this coming year if they sign Foles to a 2 year contract and wait a year to decide what to do with Wentz. 

The rate at which Foles is winning, not to mention the growing collection of Eagles and NFL records he is picking up along the way, makes me wonder if he has even more upside than Wentz. Of course Wentz is still a kid by comparison, and with likely be still playing years after Nick calls it a career. 

It's a good problem for a team to have I suppose? 

Wentz is the future but unfortunately for Mr. Wentz and no fault of his own if Foles is able to get them even to the NFC Championship game Mr Wentz' time in Phila will have come to an end.

Wentz will never be able to live up to the Philadelphia fans and media if Foles won a SB and then came in to save the season and win some playoff games the this year. Wentz will forever live is the Foles shadow and never be worthy.

If Foles gives the 1 and done which I think he will then it's Wentz team and you kick Foles to the curb unless you can keep him at a bargin price.

Wentz is going to have a short, unhappy career if he can’t get it through his head that running around in space is not a recipe for QB longevity in today’s NFL.

The only thing for certain is that keeping both would be a really bad decision on a number of levels...

My guess is Foles goes and Wentz stays...and IMO that will be the correct decision...

Either way, Foles has earned the opportunity to show his detractors (me) whether or not he can be the main man somewhere (he can't)....

Gonna be interesting.....

5 mins ago, Wigeon said:

Wentz is going to have a short, unhappy career if he can’t get it through his head that running around in space is not a recipe for QB longevity in today’s NFL.

He didnt do much of that this year...

Not sure if because of the knee or if he's learning...

He can't abandon it entirely. His mobility and ability to throw on the move are a big part of what makes hom special...

Just needs to pick his spots better..

8 mins ago, Sudsy said:

What good is a QB who gets hurt every year ?

Must not be that big of a deal..

Foles is everyone's darling and he's never played a full season...

My understanding was that Foles will almost undoubtedly not be back next season as his contract contains a mutual $20m option, meaning both Foles and the Eagles would have to want him to stay, and at that price tag it seems unlikely.  I supposed anything is possible but thinking out the scenarios the most likely to me are:

1) Foles loses in the playoffs, Eagles don't pick up option

2) Foles wins the Superbowl, Eagles pick up option, Foles refuses preferring Free Agency

Good comments guys, but how many QBs these days play all 16 games? 

I like Foles, but mostly for the fact that Carson will hopefully learn from him. I think Carson has gotten too predictable this season, and also is seemingly afraid to go long unless the receiver is wide open which was why McNab never had as much success as he might have had. 

you know its bad when a lifelong giants fan is rooting for the eagles, just for the pure drama that will occur if foles wins a few games, and a ****tier draft pick

25 mins ago, Bob fishhead Sproul said:

Good comments guys, but how many QBs these days play all 16 games? 

only like 95% of the QBs left in the playoffs

wentz had an rg3 like injury i would. we all knew what happened to him.   I would say try to keep foles if winning the Super bowl is important next year. 

Edited by crazybellringer