Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ksong

monster GT using 10'6" Black Hole Cape Cod Nano from shore in Hawaii

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

I know the new thinner rods are good for any sizes of striper, but big GT or big yellowtail from rocks are different story as they go into rocks when hooked and it is usually shallow.

Time will tell.

19 hours ago, a rod n a reel said:

I don’t doubt it. I’ve built them already. It’s just there are other rods out there that are thinner and lighter and can get the job done as well. If black hole comes out with a rod that is thinner and lighter then they will also have a winner. 

Black-Hole, is and will be coming  out with a new line , of thin- light , rods this spring,,one of the thinnest and strongest , in the surf rod industry....... getting back what you mentioned, about the CC 2 10ft. heavy,, there is not to many, if not at not , any rod , that can compare the power and strength, of this rod, if there are other rods out there, thinner and lighter, no way they can compare to the CC 10ft. Heavy...

On 1/6/2019 at 2:41 PM, a rod n a reel said:

Doubt you will be jigging a heavy rod at the CCC all night. Highly doubt it. 

hi RR, yes the BH CC 2 HEAVY, is called "heavy", not because the rod is heavy, trust me it is not, i have jigged all nite on many occasions, and, i not fatigued, or tired,and being 63 years young, that is pretty good, i have many friends, who also have, used said the same, when jigging this rod also...BH uses "heavy", on their lure rating, meaning higher lure rating (4-10), their "Regular", meaning, lighter rating, 2-6...