Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ksong

monster GT using 10'6" Black Hole Cape Cod Nano from shore in Hawaii

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

The 10'6" Black Hole Cape Cod Nano rods looks fragile and soft, but it proves to be tough rod for big striper, big tarpon as well as big drum.

Here is another episode with the rod.

monster GT using 10'6" Black Hole Cape Cod Nano heavy rod from shore in Hawaii

Edited by ksong

Nice clip.  If you released, you should end with that.  I was looking for it.  Like to see a good fish turn tail and push off.  But seriously...good clip.

I think popping fishermen are not interested in keeping GT. :)

The only time I experience they keep GT was a lodge in Fiji. I couldn't understand GT is their valuable property and they just get rid of them by eating them. 

Edited by ksong

21 hours ago, a rod n a reel said:

These are your best rods. Should ask black hole to make them in 11’ and 12’ as well. Good action to them plus they have a lot of power. 

I think 11' or 12 ' Black Hole Cape Cod Surf II Heavy or regular rods are better choice for GT or yellowtail from shore as they are stiffer and stronger than soft 10'6" Black Hole Cape Cod Nano rods though the Nano rods can handle big GT or yellowtail.

Dennis Verreet's catch of monster yellowtail using 10' Black Hole Cape Cod Surf II Heavy rod in NZ.

dennisverreetyt102heavy.jpg

Edited by ksong

1 hour ago, ksong said:

I think 11' or 12 ' Black Hole Cape Cod Surf II Heavy or regular rods are better choice for GT or yellowtail from shore as they are stiffer and stronger than soft 10'6" Black Hole Cape Cod Nano rods though the Nano rods can handle big GT or yellowtail.

Dennis Verreet's catch of monster yellowtail using 10' Black Hole Cape Cod Surf II Heavy rod in NZ.

dennisverreetyt102heavy.jpg

A lot of guys don’t favor the thickness of those rods. Not to mention there on the heavy side. 

12 mins ago, a rod n a reel said:

A lot of guys don’t favor the thickness of those rods. Not to mention there on the heavy side. 

Did you try 10' or 11' Black Hole Cape Cod Surf II Regular rods ? They are strong and they are as thin as 10'6" Black Hole Cape Cod Nano rods.

If you like thin rods, wait until we introduce 10' and 11' Black Hole Striped Bass Special surf rods which have one of the thinnest diameter, if not the thinnest.

23 mins ago, ksong said:

Did you try 10' or 11' Black Hole Cape Cod Surf II Regular rods ? They are strong and they are as thin as 10'6" Black Hole Cape Cod Nano rods.

If you like thin rods, wait until we introduce 10' and 11' Black Hole Striped Bass Special surf rods which have one of the thinnest diameter, if not the thinnest.

Ksong, 

I didn't know they made the 11' Black Hole Cape Cod Surf II in regular. On the website they only show the 11' model in the heavy version (3-10 oz).

Do they also make it in a 2-6oz?

44 mins ago, Mr. Eel said:

Ksong, 

I didn't know they made the 11' Black Hole Cape Cod Surf II in regular. On the website they only show the 11' model in the heavy version (3-10 oz).

Do they also make it in a 2-6oz?

Sorry. We have 10' Black Hole Cape Cod Surf II regular rods, but we didn't introduce the 11' regular yet.

Edited by ksong

18 hours ago, a rod n a reel said:

hi R+R, there are plenty of guys, using the 10,, 11ft. CC Surf ll Heavy up north, heavy jigging, with very good results, with big stripers, in big current....these rods have power to spare...

38 mins ago, lureman said:

hi R+R, there are plenty of guys, using the 10,, 11ft. CC Surf ll Heavy up north, heavy jigging, with very good results, with big stripers, in big current....these rods have power to spare...

I don’t doubt it. I’ve built them already. It’s just there are other rods out there that are thinner and lighter and can get the job done as well. If black hole comes out with a rod that is thinner and lighter then they will also have a winner. 

20 hours ago, a rod n a reel said:

thick n heavy = good

36 mins ago, glos said:

thick n heavy = good

Thin N light = gooder 

as long as they are equal in strength. 

The times we are in now the lighter the gear and equally strong are the winners in my opinion not to mention it makes the fight that much more fun.