7nBait

Random Image Thread 2019

Rate this topic

82 posts in this topic

On 6/23/2019 at 10:07 PM, Titanty said:

4C7D3B98-9870-42AA-BE8C-F9DC8E54409C.jpeg

Congrats nice catch. Some good eating there, I love walleye I haven't had any in a good while. Used to catch some real nice ones when I lived in Michigan.  

Just a few random pictures from my late spring/early summer fishing around southern DE. I've been expanding my horizons and figuring out more about my home waters. This is my third season fishing and it's helped me see the natural beauty of my home state that I'd previously ignored for the most part, and made me care more about preserving it. I didn't have anybody to teach me how to fish so this forum amongst other resources have been incredibly helpful in figuring out how it all works and having some success on the water. Thank you all for your posts and tight lines to all.

yak.jpg.992d50828d568df862f08568fa3146a0.jpg

Made a trip out to the Nanticoke river to make an attempt at snakehead fishing which yielded no snakeheads, but a trout magnet on an ultralight rod yielded an assortment of small perch, catfish, and sunfish. This was my first time catching sunfish since I was a kid and it reminded me why even though I only ever got to fish a couple times I was always fascinated with it, and why I chose to pick it up as a hobby the moment I had a means to. They put up a great fight for their size an look stunning.

poich.jpg.76717f65d40cda50514afd566c458522.jpgcqt.jpg.e1e89f7f1db034e41f94b46ceb21bf14.jpgpumpkin.jpg.900afb1dde50170f6486dad66d81ecb3.jpg

Some much bigger white perch from a different trip on a totally different body of water. Got into a school of these guys in the kayak and landed 13 in a little under an hour. All in the 10"-12.75" range. Made for some great fish tacos. I've been meaning to give the white perch another shot but since then my full attention was on catching my first keeper flounder. A legal flounder had been my goal since I started fishing but despite that I hadn't caught one yet. My first season fishing I did little more than drown fishbites on bottom rigs, which caught me quite a few croaker, spot, and perch but only ever caught me one very short flounder. My second season I figured out how to target them better, but after catching a few dozen shorts I still came up with 0 keepers for the season. I told myself this would be the season aaaaaaaannd.....

perch6-12-19.png.62c52aeda0373b85a1effa90ce9dd45c.png

.... I caught my first weakfish(15") out of IRI while trying for flounder, not what I was expecting but a welcome surprise for sure.

weakfish.jpg.226efef4bd15340c25ceefb129d120e2.jpg

...Then I managed to finally catch a 20" keeper out of the kayak a few days later. It may not be much for some but for me catching this fish was a cathartic experience in gave me renewed confidence in myself and the body of water I was fishing, I was starting to think there were just no nice fish to be had.

flukr.png.80c1f382ad8aa413188207c847d67948.pngflukemeasure.jpg.ca29e6c39fc172aef863961d4e3471c0.jpg

6 hours ago, SneakyWeakie said:

Just a few random pictures from my late spring/early summer fishing around southern DE. I've been expanding my horizons and figuring out more about my home waters. This is my third season fishing and it's helped me see the natural beauty of my home state that I'd previously ignored for the most part, and made me care more about preserving it. I didn't have anybody to teach me how to fish so this forum amongst other resources have been incredibly helpful in figuring out how it all works and having some success on the water. Thank you all for your posts and tight lines to all.

yak.jpg.992d50828d568df862f08568fa3146a0.jpg

Made a trip out to the Nanticoke river to make an attempt at snakehead fishing which yielded no snakeheads, but a trout magnet on an ultralight rod yielded an assortment of small perch, catfish, and sunfish. This was my first time catching sunfish since I was a kid and it reminded me why even though I only ever got to fish a couple times I was always fascinated with it, and why I chose to pick it up as a hobby the moment I had a means to. They put up a great fight for their size an look stunning.

poich.jpg.76717f65d40cda50514afd566c458522.jpgcqt.jpg.e1e89f7f1db034e41f94b46ceb21bf14.jpgpumpkin.jpg.900afb1dde50170f6486dad66d81ecb3.jpg

Some much bigger white perch from a different trip on a totally different body of water. Got into a school of these guys in the kayak and landed 13 in a little under an hour. All in the 10"-12.75" range. Made for some great fish tacos. I've been meaning to give the white perch another shot but since then my full attention was on catching my first keeper flounder. A legal flounder had been my goal since I started fishing but despite that I hadn't caught one yet. My first season fishing I did little more than drown fishbites on bottom rigs, which caught me quite a few croaker, spot, and perch but only ever caught me one very short flounder. My second season I figured out how to target them better, but after catching a few dozen shorts I still came up with 0 keepers for the season. I told myself this would be the season aaaaaaaannd.....

perch6-12-19.png.62c52aeda0373b85a1effa90ce9dd45c.png

.... I caught my first weakfish(15") out of IRI while trying for flounder, not what I was expecting but a welcome surprise for sure.

weakfish.jpg.226efef4bd15340c25ceefb129d120e2.jpg

...Then I managed to finally catch a 20" keeper out of the kayak a few days later. It may not be much for some but for me catching this fish was a cathartic experience in gave me renewed confidence in myself and the body of water I was fishing, I was starting to think there were just no nice fish to be had.

flukr.png.80c1f382ad8aa413188207c847d67948.pngflukemeasure.jpg.ca29e6c39fc172aef863961d4e3471c0.jpg

Great catches! These forums are a great source of information,  alot of people here are happy to answer questions (as long as your not asking for a hotspot) . But I always say the best way to figure it out is to put in your time, so keep at it those are respectable catches. Any questions I myself will be happy to answer them if I can.  Congrats 

4 hours ago, Rocks&Reds said:

Great catches! These forums are a great source of information,  alot of people here are happy to answer questions (as long as your not asking for a hotspot) . But I always say the best way to figure it out is to put in your time, so keep at it those are respectable catches. Any questions I myself will be happy to answer them if I can.  Congrats 

Thanks! And I couldn't agree more, all the information in the world won't help if you're not applying it.