7nBait

Random Image Thread 2019

Rate this topic

101 posts in this topic

Ugh, been stuck under the new to me f350 dually getting it fixed to pass MD inspection so I can get down there, so sad to hear about the impending closure, just not enough time this year.  Guessing the bullpen is going to get moved as well, yay!

At least I will be ready for whatever summer/fall will bring :banghd:

Thanks for everyone posting pics, keeps the fire alive.

6 hours ago, Rocks&Reds said:

Time to get started I guess.  400 peelers ought to do it.

20190509_153239.jpg

Note to self. The next time Jimmy is out of peelers, I'll track you down to get a dozen....

10 hours ago, Rocks&Reds said:

Time to get started I guess.  400 peelers ought to do it.

20190509_153239.jpg

Crazy that this box of bait has a street value of almost $1000!

5 hours ago, BLilly said:

Note to self. The next time Jimmy is out of peelers, I'll track you down to get a dozen....

That'll slow down the bite down south a bit.

9 hours ago, GoBow said:

'Fess up, you're starting a seafood shack, ain't ya... :p

Good luck!

I also  have 5doz soft crabs that going to be on menu tonight for dinner. 

First drum worms this season...Parasites are very common in fish of all species. The type of worm that is found in Black Drum is commonly referred to as "Spaghetti worm." This worm egg starts out in the digestive tract of a shark where it is expelled in feces, after another stage of development it is hosted in a crab which is then eaten by the drum. After developing in the flesh of the drum, the cycle starts over when the drum (or other fish) is eaten by a shark. There is no possibility you will get worms from eating one as the human digestive tract is inhospitable to the worm. They can be pulled out of the flesh or cut out before cooking. I have cleaned several drum this season and only found worms in one.

ADS_7020.JPG

ADS_7021.JPG

Well I can't make it down for striper season again this year. We we're in D.C. for dinner at Le Diplamate and I saw skate on the menu. Had to get it. Very nice! Should keep a couple this year to cook on the beach

IMG_20190511_184818581.jpg

Regarding skates, they actually taste differently from year to year and location to location.  This year's Assateague crop tastes super, without any off flavor.  So if you are interested in trying some, this is the year :)

The cold water skate or the ones that roll up in a ball are awful.  Clear nosed skates are the ones I eat. They have a oyster back water flavor like some Black drum.  Very delicate and very oily and tasty.  Makes great skate cakes.