Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zarpa

Battle 2 4000 Thrust Washer

4 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Hey Tony,

I just notice that the line on my new Battle 2 4000 are a little concentrated in the bottom of the reel. The instruction says that if it is like that I should remove the Thrust Washer that comes with the reel and replace it with a provided washer that is in the box (the provided washer is a little thinner than the one that is already in the reel). I've done that but I didn't see any difference, it looks like it is still a little concentrated in the bottom of the reel. My question is, can I remove and leave the reel with no Thrust Washer? If I can't remove all washer, what could I do to get the line uniformly distributed in the reel?

Edited by Zarpa

Posted (edited) · Report post

Just an update.

I tried to fill the reel with no washers at all and the line are well distributed. Now I wonder if I can leave it like that or should I look for a thinner washer....thinner than the ones that came with the reel?

By the way, it is number 60 in the exploded view.

Edited by Zarpa

Zarpa,

Yes you can leave with no washer just make sure there is a fresh coating of PENN grease (or other marine grade grease) in the area.  On occasion the bail arm is bent or angled down causing the bottom heavy line lay, or possibly the line roller screw is loose and causing the arm to droop down.

tony