DoorGunner

Time for another countdown.

Rate this topic

48 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, DoorGunner said:

1st sign of spring on the boardwalk. First line is for walk away and the back line is for seating and the restaurants seats 200 people.

DSCF5583.JPG.c5328ad278e797e366f8a551b37948fe.JPG

Fred,

I am happy for you and all residents and visitors of Wildwood that this significant milestone has been reached. Alas, seeing that picture is stirring up some mixed emotions. Without trying to be Debbie Downer, as you are aware we sold our house in the Crest 09/2018. You were part of our farewell to the house. My grandfather bought it in April 1968 and I spent 17 summers there. He was President of the Crest Fishing Pier for 20 years. Time is an evil thing.....it waits for no one and it sure as shirt didn't wait for us. The best revenge will be to book a nice Crest vacation this summer, take my son up on the boardwalk and hit every dang pier, fudge shop, water park etc.  Hopefully the back bay fishing will be better this year so we can rent a boat from you and pull in some fluke....I don't care if they are shorts and we have to throw them back, simply catching fish is a joy onto itself. I'll see you in August .