DoorGunner

Time for another countdown.

Rate this topic

48 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, jamesdart said:

I go to woodwind for the jeep invasion, fathers day weekend. It's nice then, I'm not sure if I'll keep going, that seems to be changing.  Pad crasher, how is the car show these days? I used to go 15-20 years ago, and it was a blast.  I stopped when they took away all the fun. I get why they did, but still... It was fun. I started going to oc md  instead, but that was getting of hand i guess and they started cracking down on that too. 

I'm a youngin', what was the fun they took away? Like some street racing kinda stuff? Nothing in life every seems as good as it once was. I like the weekend though, basically no teens and trash. People seem to go to sleep at a decent hour but the vibe is good. Beach fairly empty, car show itself is nice. We've been going for about 4 years in a row. Wildwood and much of the shore is unvisitable during the summer with the traffic and some of the clientele!

It was insane. Madhouse. The corners at night were like a spring break scene but it was people of all ages. Burnouts like you wouldn’t believe. More pro street kind of cars than you could imagine. I’d wake up early in the morning to go get breakfast and the corners would look like a burnout box at the track from the night before.  They organized   an area that was like an empty lot where they would have burnout contest, muffler rap bs, and flame throwing.  Cars on the boardwalk from Convention center to where they put that new pool club.  It was a great turnout.  One year they just cracked down. Supposedly impounding anything that had the “engine exposed”, weather it was a blower,  tunnel ram, or no hood.  That year it died.  Word was the old mayor was a car guy and the town was benefitting from the business on what would otherwise be a dead weekend.  The cops were chill.  the new mayor wasn’t into it. To me it looks like the town has seen a lot of improvements since then, but they don’t want any of that bs going on. 

If you are into cars you should

check out ocean city md. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 0:14 AM, PlumFishing said:

My girlfriend is on some vacation jihad. Seems we may wind up in the Bahamas or some such nonsense for a week with a couple we are friends with in March. 

She must have sensed my disdain and tonight she threw out “in September we should go to some random place”. 

I suggested Cottageville, which was unceremoniously turned down (thank the lord). 

Would Wildwood be a good place to visit in late September/early October? Maybe rent a boat and some crab pots, etc. 

It's the best time of the year down there, but in all honesty, the lousy fishing -- fall has sucked, for pretty much a decade -- has put a big dent in things. It used to be that you could hammer fish all morning, spend some time on the beach in the afternoon, and then get hammered at night, but the fishing part has pretty much been removed from the equation. Late summer and early fall has really become a dead zone between LBI and Cape May, unless you want to go offshore.

Edited by Belmo

27 mins ago, Belmo said:

It's the best time of the year down there, but in all honesty, the lousy fishing -- fall has sucked, for pretty much a decade -- has put a big dent in things. It used to be that you could hammer fish all morning, spend some time on the beach in the afternoon, and then get hammered at night, but the fishing part has pretty much been removed from the equation. Late summer and early fall has really become a dead zone between LBI and Cape May, unless you want to go offshore.

:th:

I can make do with afternoon on the beach and hammered at night.

The last couple of years, around September 15-20 has been the best of all worlds: still beach weather during the day, but not sweltering at night (July and August this past summer were horrible for gross, hot, sticky nights). September has become, weather-wise, what August used to be.

20 hours ago, Belmo said:

The last couple of years, around September 15-20 has been the best of all worlds: still beach weather during the day, but not sweltering at night (July and August this past summer were horrible for gross, hot, sticky nights). September has become, weather-wise, what August used to be.

That's prime weakfish time. 

32 mins ago, FunkyBunker said:

That's prime weakfish time. 

It's also prime time for surf fluke. But that month goes by so fast -- I think September passes faster than any other month of the year -- that I've not been able to try the past few years. Maybe in 2019.

On 1/3/2019 at 0:14 AM, PlumFishing said:

My girlfriend is on some vacation jihad. Seems we may wind up in the Bahamas or some such nonsense for a week with a couple we are friends with in March. 

She must have sensed my disdain and tonight she threw out “in September we should go to some random place”. 

I suggested Cottageville, which was unceremoniously turned down (thank the lord). 

Would Wildwood be a good place to visit in late September/early October? Maybe rent a boat and some crab pots, etc. 

Can be the best or worst with it being hurricane season.

45 mins ago, Belmo said:

What is this weakfish you speak of? :D

haha i only caught 1 this year :(

31 mins ago, DoorGunner said:

White perch.

Yellow finned white perch.

22 mins ago, Belmo said:

It's also prime time for surf fluke. But that month goes by so fast -- I think September passes faster than any other month of the year -- that I've not been able to try the past few years. Maybe in 2019.

It does go by pretty quick for some reason. Great night fishing month. Because of my drunkenness i did not have a September this year. Or October.  

16 mins ago, FunkyBunker said:

Because of my drunkenness i did not have a September this year. Or October.  

I enthusiastically approve. :th: