Cabo2005

Dudde Ford

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Most people my age growing up in central MA probably remember the Dudde Ford commercials that were everywhere in the day. Dave "Dudde" Massad died last Friday at the age of 90. Not a bad ride. I went to the funeral at St. John's in Worcester today. My brother married a niece that is how I got to meet him.  Quite the story I heard from the eulogy about him and the humble roots from where the family started.  quite the philanthropist for the Worcester area.  Anyone buy a car from him in Northborough?

Cabo

I thought that was the old Ford dealer on Rt9 Westborough at the speedway. I bought a new engine for a work truck there years ago. 

I believe it’s now a Herb Chambers in Westborough, bought a Ford Explorer there in about 2006. 

I was not aware he owned Commerce Bank. 

Looks like the man lived a good life, and his philanthropy will have an enduring impact on many. 

Bought an expedition from duddie ford right before it became herb chambers. My wife took  it back with 18k on clock for an oil change. Kid told her that he couldnt let her drive it without a $3k front end but he could do it that afternoon. 

She took keys and we took it to a ford mechanic who confirmed that it was a new truck with nothing wrong with front end. 

I wouldnt do business with herb chambers. 

I have a good friend who worked for Duddie for years. He was injured in a workplace accident. He told me Duddie stood by him and made sure he received all his WC benefits and eventually retirement.