Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
salt deficient

Favorite jig types

Rate this topic

42 posts in this topic

Looking to make my own.

Seeing what one you guys like on here.

I fish inlets a good bit.  Torn between banana, hot lips, or flat head designs.

Looking to get 2 molds maybe 3.

Typical 3/4 to 1.5oz beach jigs.

Then inlet jigs up to 3oz.  I fish fast inlets like atlantic city, long Beach nj, judith point RI, and hudson river.

I also might roll my own for the upper delaware river.  Rock and small mouth bass.  3/8 to 3/4oz.  

Fluke is also on the menu too.  Half kayak half the time shore.

Bullet head for me from shore. However keep in mind that all the different styles where born out of nessisity. I would try some different styles in the areas you fish most decide what works best, go from there. Some times throwing something everyone else isn't will pull more or bigger fish because it's something the fish aren't used to seeing. 

I do 98% of my fishing on a RI breachway, and at least 70% of that is done with a 2oz banana or flat side jig.

Do you guys stay with the recommended jig size, or you use different hooks than advertised.

Thinking of buying the 3/4 to 1.5oz hot lips mold and the 2 to 3oz banana.  Might do the flat head in 1.5 to 2.5oz.

Seem to snag them alot in inlets, especially at the end of the retrieve.  I don't regular a specifc inlet, so that gets me in trouble a bit more.

I have been reading almost all do-it molds fit the 34184 mustad hook in their respective size.

How do you fish inlets with a 1.5 oz jig and get down?  I ve gone to alot of seminars by people like crazy Al and skinner. They all talk about starting at 3 oz and going up for inlets. In fact i didnt start really catching bigger inlet fish until i used a 3 oz jig crazy al gave me.