UV light

Rate this topic

snapper1

Good morning all

I need a new UV light.

The one I've been using for the last 2 years is the GOO CURE light.It has 21 little UV lights and runs on 3 AAA batteries.

Results are so so, and it burns batteries super quick. I use Solareez Thin Hard and Loon Thin mainly.

Any affordable and efficient suggestions ?

What are you using ?

Thanx and best wishes for the coming year

^..^

Edited by snapper1

I got this last year. Expensive but it is a LOT brighter than any cheaper ones. If you tie a lot and want  to cure the resin within the fibers of streamer heads this is the way to go. I did not change my batteries yet since I bought it.

Someone told me once that the UV length has to match the resin you use but with this light I cured 3 different brands without issues. All that is left is a bit of “tackiness” some times.

CF328EF4-ADC9-41D0-A941-5CE9E465520D.jpeg

I have basically the same light as Marchese12.

I think I paid about $30.00 for it. I was using a CCG light previous.

This light cures much better and different brands of cures.

It will make the UV Cure smoke if you point it directly at it when you first start curing.

I haven't had any tack issues with the cures I've used, but I tend to change the battery every year or so.

SF

SF

I have one of the ebay specials that runs on 3 AAA batteries.  That equals 4.5 volts.  What do you think of wiring a USB receptacle pigtail into the light and instead of batteries run it off the laptop or a phone charger.  That's 5.4 volts.  Light would be brighter and the power would fall within the voltage rating span for those little led lights.  No more battery issues!  Any thoughts?

Edited by flyman28
add omitted words

i got one like ccb, it was part of a cell phone glass repair kit and the entire kit cost $9, works great UV resin

retailers quadruple prices for fly fishing stuff just because suckers out there are willing to pay for it, the prices of fly rods and reels and lines and hooks anything fly fishing related is just stupid

Edited by ferret

• 2 weeks later...

I bought this lamp off the auction site for less than $10:

3W UltraFire WF-502B UV 395NM LED Bulb Flashlight Torch 18650 Lamp

It takes the same rechargeable battery that is used in a lot of vaping devices.

The lamp works great, it's a lot stronger than the CCG lamp which I used previously.

• 4 weeks later...

Back last month I touted the Solarez torch.Now the bulb is blinking even with a full charge on the red battery.Bought the blue stronger battery at Bears Den show last weekend.Fully charged that one and it's blinking.Has anyone had the similar issue with the LED failing?

When I started using UV resin, I brought the CCG kit with their top of the line light.  It uses two Energizer 123 Lithium batteries.  I get decent battery life with them.  It has a single bulb.  I've had it for at least three years and it has cured all UV resins that I've used CCG, Bug Bond, Loon, Solarez  and the UV resin in a couple of quick fix pens that I picked up at either at Lowe's or Home Depot.  Even cures the material dentist use for fillings these days.  My dentist gave me a couple of tubes that were past their expiration dates.  Still experimenting with them.

On 24/01/2019 at 11:27 AM, smath said:

I bought this lamp off the auction site for less than $10:

3W UltraFire WF-502B UV 395NM LED Bulb Flashlight Torch 18650 Lamp

It takes the same rechargeable battery that is used in a lot of vaping devices.

The lamp works great, it's a lot stronger than the CCG lamp which I used previously.

Bought the lamp, got battery and charger today, and tried it.

Perfect.

Awesome result.

Thanx for your advice.

^..^