new year..... new gear?

Rate this topic

bobber

who's getting new stuff this year?   theres all kindsa new toys to consider playing with.

me-  I'm considering a kayak and maybe some better-quality LMB gear....  smallies are more what I'm looking forward to actually

its all about da fishes...

Going to get into freshwater fishing. I need something to do given the crappy shore based fishing that we have now. I want to get started with trout and flyfishing, maybe some bass later in the summer.

ASMFC - Destroying public resources and fisheries one stock at a time since 1942.

1 hour ago, dleopoldi914 said:

I'm too the point I have so much gear that I need to trade or sell to get new stuff.

Me too.  Will start to thin out my supply a little to make room for new stuff

37 mins ago, slack_tide said:

I sold my 16' skiff and a few(hundred) hours of overtime later, just picked up a 26' cc. Now the race to find a suitable marina in time for the spring run

Where do you wanna be docked?  Maybe we can help u find a spot......?

2 hours ago, slack_tide said:

I sold my 16' skiff and a few(hundred) hours of overtime later, just picked up a 26' cc. Now the race to find a suitable marina in time for the spring run

if your around ffld county i can give you a few recommendations in a few areas. 

2 hours ago, bobber said:

Where do you wanna be docked?  Maybe we can help u find a spot......?

Just moved to North Middletown, (Monmouth county), currently number 32 on a wait list for leonardo state marina. Have to wait for January renewals to go through. Definitely trying to keep the boat between Keyport and the highlands

3 hours ago, dleopoldi914 said:

I'm too the point I have so much gear that I need to trade or sell to get new stuff.

I have been unloading quite a bit of stuff that last few years. The basic rule is that if it didn’t get carried in the prior year it goes. I’ve been somewhat flexible there but I expect to ramp it up this year. 

Ive also unloaded a few rods and I need to unload a few more. A few I have a mild attachment too(my Fishers, etc). . Imho, shore based fishing is dying a slow but accelerating death. I plan to unload a lot of stuff and prepare to find other things to do. 

ASMFC - Destroying public resources and fisheries one stock at a time since 1942.

4 hours ago, slack_tide said:

Just moved to North Middletown, (Monmouth county), currently number 32 on a wait list for leonardo state marina. Have to wait for January renewals to go through. Definitely trying to keep the boat between Keyport and the highlands

sounds like you live in Jersey....

this is the CT forum.  don't think any of us will know much about where you wanna be docked

7 hours ago, bobber said:

sounds like you live in Jersey....

this is the CT forum.  don't think any of us will know much about where you wanna be docked

Woops sorry about that, didnt realize I ventured outside state lines. Appreciate the offer though!