KnewBee

Freshwater Fishing Reports

92 posts in this topic

On 2/6/2019 at 11:45 AM, Rapidfflow0 said:

How was the ice on the rest of the river?  Still slushed up and chunks coming down or wide open?

thanks

Rest of the river was good, this was just below the dam, if you think you know the river

2 hours ago, Lost Cause said:

Broke the skunk today. Was only using 6lb mono as a leader and didn't pack anything heavier so these little slime rockets broke off a couple of my rigs :banghd:

Normally, I am slaying them slime darts this time of year.  But seems like everything is bizzaro world at the moment.  They will steal some gear

Fished from 3 - 6 p.m. and the first two hours were a bore.   Found a bass, then a real pole bender that I thought was a bowfin but turned out to be  a catfish.   As the sunset, I was ready to call it when the trolled beetlespin rod bent over and a decent yellow perch was placed on the stringer.  He was shortly followed by five crappie between 11 and 13 inches.  Most fell to the micro spinner bait.   Been way too long since I had some tacos!   

Cat.jpg

Crappie.jpg

lone bass.jpg

perch.jpg

creek.jpg

On 2/7/2019 at 6:44 PM, HighEndHooker said:

Rest of the river was good, this was just below the dam, if you think you know the river

Do you get walleye in that river regularly?  Never came across them in that area

10 hours ago, Reelfisher101 said:

Do you get walleye in that river regularly?  Never came across them in that area

Not often at all, that’s one of very few from my entire lifetime of fishing there. I assume there are more on the upper stretches of the river where a lot of other rivers dump in, but this spot is local to me

Got 1 rainbow today,,,,:) it was slow,,,,,,but did get to see Larry,dewayne and dave,,,he is in the background,,,,,really nice guy and a heck of a fly fisherman,,,,,:hooked:

20190209_194155.jpg

Posted (edited) · Report post

02041783-6E39-4E78-8859-4F2CD508F2C8.png.65b099d781364fe795c91af0aa92bc28.png

ran into another river pig on my search for northerns, she bottomed out my 20lb scale so I’m not sure how big it really was. I was bitten off by a good 30”+ northern just as I was trying to land it too, but it’s not getting off too easy, I’ll be back after them tomorrow after work

Edited by HighEndHooker