KnewBee

Freshwater Fishing Reports

483 posts in this topic

me and Larry met a fisherman from Afghanistan very nice guy,,,,,,I'm glad the game warden wasn't around this time,,,,we are in restricted waters "artificial only" me and Larry justed laughed,,,,this guy just didn't know any better,,,,,:laugh:

20190512_220527.jpg

20190512_220545.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wanted to do some saltwater fishing this weekend but between the weather and family events i decided to go to a lake for a few hours. tried some bait fishing with no bites so went back to the troll. The wind started to really pickup so i started to haul ass to the protected side of the lake, on my way there my rod doubled over and i knew it had to be a big muskie.  It took me 20 minutes to land it as i was only using 15lb fluro on light tackle.  It was just under 48"

20190511_114439.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, plugchucker said:

Every time I have the chance to go chase the brown bass the river gets blown out the day before. 

 

Get one day here and there. Otherwise pretty crappy conditions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 mins ago, odiemike86 said:

Wanted to do some saltwater fishing this weekend but between the weather and family events i decided to go to a lake for a few hours. tried some bait fishing with no bites so went back to the troll. The wind started to really pickup so i started to haul ass to the protected side of the lake, on my way there my rod doubled over and i knew it had to be a big muskie.  It took me 20 minutes to land it as i was only using 15lb fluro on light tackle.  It was just under 48"

20190511_114439.jpg

Great job man and in a kayak,,,,,,:howdy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KnewBee said:

Swamp Donkey took some serious drag and was kickin n screaming...

 

 

7 lb donkey.jpg

Ya he had to put up a fight,,,, nice fish,,,,,:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FAA9CA80-C093-4E28-BA76-60506104F048.jpeg.60fd07d0d7f6a5776356b93f0a903dcf.jpeg

my favorite freshwater fish are back in action, had 3 around this size last night and lost two absolute monsters, 1 of which I am convinced was a very big musky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HighEndHooker said:

FAA9CA80-C093-4E28-BA76-60506104F048.jpeg.60fd07d0d7f6a5776356b93f0a903dcf.jpeg

my favorite freshwater fish are back in action, had 3 around this size last night and lost two absolute monsters, 1 of which I am convinced was a very big musky

For a guy with a newborn, you sure have alot of time to fish. Don't you have baby to feed? diapers to change? :waah:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hobobob said:

For a guy with a newborn, you sure have alot of time to fish. Don't you have baby to feed? diapers to change? :waah:

Lol I got lucky and it turns out he’s a good sleeper. Also, I can’t respond to this without giving credit to my wife, she’s been a real trooper in understanding my sick obsession. I just can’t wait for the day when he’s old enough that he can be out there with me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weird evening.   Targeting pan fish and surprised to find a couple decent yellow perch this late in the spring (10.5 and 11.5 inchers).   Too many dink white perch, a few 10 inch crappie, five bass to 1 lb 15 and the smallest little slime dart I ever caught.

 

 

Crappiee.jpg

dink dart.jpg

One 15.jpg

yellow.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice mixed bag there KB.  Drove up to Va Bch Va yesterday for a meeting this morning, passed through Elizabeth City NC and spent an hour on the city park pier on the Pasquotank.  Caught a 13” bass on a Berkley Minnowgrub.  OH

CED2A1DD-2E85-4406-8465-7063EBB28350.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With all the heavy rain the past few days i decided to target some pre-spawn flatheads.  Fished from dusk to around 10pm when we ran out of bait. I managed to land a jumbo before it got into the current and broke me off.

Flathead..jpg

Flathead.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.