KnewBee

Freshwater Fishing Reports

590 posts in this topic

Matt,  super duper nice!!!  When the picks get big, they get fat as well.  Seems to be the 24 inch point when they gain girth.

Bennie, that bass picture is hilarious!

Was a really nice day.   2:30 launch, but bite didn't turn on until almost 4 p.m..     9 dink bass to 12 inches,   a 2 lb 0,   22 inch slime dart, and first of the season Yellow taco food Perch.  Wish I could have found a couple more.   Bout time to target them for real!

1-6-19 yellow.jpg

1-6-19 2 lb 0.jpg

1-6-19 dart.jpg

8 hours ago, KnewBee said:

Was a really nice day.   2:30 launch, but bite didn't turn on until almost 4 p.m..     9 dink bass to 12 inches,   a 2 lb 0,   22 inch slime dart, and first of the season Yellow taco food Perch.  Wish I could have found a couple more.   Bout time to target them for real!

1-6-19 yellow.jpg

1-6-19 2 lb 0.jpg

1-6-19 dart.jpg

Great job,,,,:)

Short trip.   Big temp drop,  slow bite but I managed to land two.  Decent colors.  Both about 14 inches at 1 lb 3  and 1 lb 7

1-7-19 1lb7.jpg

49 mins ago, KnewBee said:

Short trip.   Big temp drop,  slow bite but I managed to land two.  Decent colors.  Both about 14 inches at 1 lb 3  and 1 lb 7

1-7-19 1lb7.jpg

Nice. Beetle spin or the XPS? 

12 hours ago, Matt7082 said:

Nice. Beetle spin or the XPS? 

PBS,  XTS Minnow, the 3 inch.   I absolutely love that lure, but requires hook upgrade

9 hours ago, KnewBee said:

PBS,  XTS Minnow, the 3 inch.   I absolutely love that lure, but requires hook upgrade

Ahh XTS...that’s it. I know you like it. That’s why I asked. Lol!

Hit up a local lake in Nassau county out of sheer boredom. Froze my you know what's off but when I hooked into this guy I warmed right up. First carp ever and I gotta say they're an adrenaline rush will be targeting them more here on out.

A928FAF1-F867-4D55-8925-956B86513EDF.jpeg

7 hours ago, Lost Cause said:

Hit up a local lake in Nassau county out of sheer boredom. Froze my you know what's off but when I hooked into this guy I warmed right up. First carp ever and I gotta say they're an adrenaline rush will be targeting them more here on out.

Our carp won't hit anything artificial but I understand diff species will. Some easily weigh 40lbs. Used to sight fish for gar with fly rod, not glamorous but was fun

New tin boat and canoe i will be doing a lot lmb,smb, muskie and cats in that order reports will be posted. will fish the nock susy and Big D Painted up about 100 hard baits and twice as many soft plastics poured can't wait

IMG950487.jpg

Posted (edited) · Report post

8 hours ago, Lost Cause said:

Carp can be ton of fun to target. There is a ton of material out there on targeting them. It can get really complicated, or you can keep it super simple. 

As kids, we would go to our spot, throw a can of corn out there the night before or in the morning, come back a couple hours later, thread a few kernels on a hook and have at it on ultra-light gear and 4lb test. Tons of fun!

Edited by Matt7082

2 hours ago, Matt7082 said:

Carp can be ton of fun to target. There is a ton of material out there on targeting them. It can get really complicated, or you can keep it super simple. 

As kids, we would go to our spot, throw a can of corn out there the night before or in the morning, come back a couple hours later, thread a few kernels on a hook and have at it on ultra-light gear and 4lb test. Tons of fun!

I've read all about the corn chumming technique which I might try. This one hit a blade bait which was the last thing I expected.