KnewBee

Freshwater Fishing Reports

590 posts in this topic

Matt,  super duper nice!!!  When the picks get big, they get fat as well.  Seems to be the 24 inch point when they gain girth.

 

Bennie, that bass picture is hilarious!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was a really nice day.   2:30 launch, but bite didn't turn on until almost 4 p.m..     9 dink bass to 12 inches,   a 2 lb 0,   22 inch slime dart, and first of the season Yellow taco food Perch.  Wish I could have found a couple more.   Bout time to target them for real!

 

 

1-6-19 yellow.jpg

1-6-19 2 lb 0.jpg

1-6-19 dart.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, KnewBee said:

Was a really nice day.   2:30 launch, but bite didn't turn on until almost 4 p.m..     9 dink bass to 12 inches,   a 2 lb 0,   22 inch slime dart, and first of the season Yellow taco food Perch.  Wish I could have found a couple more.   Bout time to target them for real!

 

 

1-6-19 yellow.jpg

1-6-19 2 lb 0.jpg

1-6-19 dart.jpg

Great job,,,,:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Short trip.   Big temp drop,  slow bite but I managed to land two.  Decent colors.  Both about 14 inches at 1 lb 3  and 1 lb 7

 

 

1-7-19 1lb7.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 mins ago, KnewBee said:

Short trip.   Big temp drop,  slow bite but I managed to land two.  Decent colors.  Both about 14 inches at 1 lb 3  and 1 lb 7

 

 

1-7-19 1lb7.jpg

Nice. Beetle spin or the XPS? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Matt7082 said:

Nice. Beetle spin or the XPS? 

PBS,  XTS Minnow, the 3 inch.   I absolutely love that lure, but requires hook upgrade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, KnewBee said:

PBS,  XTS Minnow, the 3 inch.   I absolutely love that lure, but requires hook upgrade

Ahh XTS...that’s it. I know you like it. That’s why I asked. Lol!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hit up a local lake in Nassau county out of sheer boredom. Froze my you know what's off but when I hooked into this guy I warmed right up. First carp ever and I gotta say they're an adrenaline rush will be targeting them more here on out.

A928FAF1-F867-4D55-8925-956B86513EDF.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Lost Cause said:

Hit up a local lake in Nassau county out of sheer boredom. Froze my you know what's off but when I hooked into this guy I warmed right up. First carp ever and I gotta say they're an adrenaline rush will be targeting them more here on out.

A928FAF1-F867-4D55-8925-956B86513EDF.jpeg

Our carp won't hit anything artificial but I understand diff species will. Some easily weigh 40lbs. Used to sight fish for gar with fly rod, not glamorous but was fun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New tin boat and canoe i will be doing a lot lmb,smb, muskie and cats in that order reports will be posted. will fish the nock susy and Big D Painted up about 100 hard baits and twice as many soft plastics poured can't wait

IMG950487.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

8 hours ago, Lost Cause said:

Hit up a local lake in Nassau county out of sheer boredom. Froze my you know what's off but when I hooked into this guy I warmed right up. First carp ever and I gotta say they're an adrenaline rush will be targeting them more here on out.

A928FAF1-F867-4D55-8925-956B86513EDF.jpeg

Carp can be ton of fun to target. There is a ton of material out there on targeting them. It can get really complicated, or you can keep it super simple. 

 

As kids, we would go to our spot, throw a can of corn out there the night before or in the morning, come back a couple hours later, thread a few kernels on a hook and have at it on ultra-light gear and 4lb test. Tons of fun!

Edited by Matt7082

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Matt7082 said:

Carp can be ton of fun to target. There is a ton of material out there on targeting them. It can get really complicated, or you can keep it super simple. 

 

As kids, we would go to our spot, throw a can of corn out there the night before or in the morning, come back a couple hours later, thread a few kernels on a hook and have at it on ultra-light gear and 4lb test. Tons of fun!

I've read all about the corn chumming technique which I might try. This one hit a blade bait which was the last thing I expected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.