Freshwater Fishing Reports

KnewBee

4 hours ago, vce12342000 said:

The last pic lure is bigger then the fish Ive been catching.....lol

I actually got bit a few times on this beauty in NJ but the fish mages to throw the bait every time so far. That’s one of the problems with really big baits - the weight of the bait acts as a fulcrum if the fish starts to shake his head. 

But I have high hopes for this bait once they start stocking trout again in the fall. 

Edited by NewAtIt

IMG_0771.jpg.f052651f214a726ce6f8a365af9d0a7b.jpgIMG_5726.jpg.50d1e7a687eda847d0b8bd54fc777cbe.jpg

Took my dad up to NH for his birthday so he could experience smallmouth for the first time. After running into a few pissed off 3-4 pounders, he now understands why they're my favorite freshwater fish (they don't give up!). In the past, I've mostly stuck to a dropshot when targeting them so catching the 4lb in the first pic on topwater (Megabass Diamante spook) was super rewarding. They also crushed the Z-Man CFL chatterbait, which is a staple everywhere I fish given it's ability to vibrate at even the slowest retrieve and stay low in the water column when speeding up retrieve. Not only was this was our first time fishing this lake, but our electronics failed, forcing us to go off of instinct alone. This combination of factors made catching these fish extra rewarding. That said, can't wait to get back to surfcasting for stripers!

6 mins ago, Newport Striper said:

IMG_0771.jpg.f052651f214a726ce6f8a365af9d0a7b.jpgIMG_5726.jpg.50d1e7a687eda847d0b8bd54fc777cbe.jpg

Took my dad up to NH for his birthday so he could experience smallmouth for the first time. After running into a few pissed off 3-4 pounders, he now understands why they're my favorite freshwater fish (they don't give up!). In the past, I've mostly stuck to a dropshot when targeting them so catching the 4lb in the first pic on topwater (Megabass Diamante spook) was super rewarding. They also crushed the Z-Man CFL chatterbait, which is a staple everywhere I fish given it's ability to vibrate at even the slowest retrieve and stay low in the water column when speeding up retrieve. Not only was this was our first time fishing this lake, but our electronics failed, forcing us to go off of instinct alone. This combination of factors made catching these fish extra rewarding. That said, can't wait to get back to surfcasting for stripers!

Def nice smallies there. 

3 hours ago, Newport Striper said:

niceeeeee bronzeback 

I live to fish. Not fish to live. 

I fish because things in my head tell me to.