KnewBee

Freshwater Fishing Reports

4,470 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Another great day - fished the plopper for 3.5 hours and lost count! Biggest was 3lbs 5ounces. I'm completely wiped out.

123_1(1).jpeg

123_1(2).jpeg

I also found this swimbait on the bank. Does anyone know how you paint red gills on a hardbait?

20220702_212724.jpg

Edited by MAGA

8 hours ago, MAGA said:

Another great day - fished the plopper for 3.5 hours and lost count! Biggest was 3lbs 5ounces. I'm completely wiped out.

123_1(1).jpeg

123_1(2).jpeg

I also found this swimbait on the bank. Does anyone know how you paint red gills on a hardbait?

20220702_212724.jpg

Cut a little stencil in a folded over piece of paper. 

Put it over the top so it comes down on both sides.

Then a quick spray with a rattle can.

On 6/29/2022 at 9:14 PM, KarpsnKatz said:

Nice job on the stripers. I had to go to your channel, and check out part 2 with the catfish. That was a quality flathead. That looks like good blue cat territory too. Any of those hanging around in there?

I got my PB bluecat the following morning just upriver from that hole :) I don't think I've deliberately targeted blues but maybe 3 times my whole life so I Im pretty happy with a 30lbr starting out.

Edited by jerseycat9

A quick hitter video of a nice flathead I caught in Tennessee last weekend! I think I'm gonna be fishing more and more in Tennessee this summer and less and less in Georgia. Lake Lanier is just so dang pressured anymore and it takes going outta state to see just how far fishing has slipped the past 6 or so years.

Edited by jerseycat9

On 6/30/2022 at 8:04 PM, KnewBee said:

round round get around....

Welp I only frequent a small amount of forums anymore so this is the only place I seen it, so post away I say ;)

1 hour ago, jerseycat9 said:

I got my PB bluecat the following morning just upriver from that hole :) I don't think I've deliberately targeted blues but maybe 3 times my whole life so I Im pretty happy with a 30lbr starting out.

Congrats on the PB. Wait until you get into that 80lb'r!  But be warned, chasing pig Blues is addictive. BTW, I dig the YT channel.

15 hours ago, KarpsnKatz said:

Congrats on the PB. Wait until you get into that 80lb'r!  But be warned, chasing pig Blues is addictive. BTW, I dig the YT channel.

I appreciate the complement brother! At first I was like "this aint gonna last long" cause I didn't have a clue what I was doing with the software and was getting frustrated easily but Im enjoying it more and more as I get more comfortable editing.  Just having fun doing my thing being me ;)

8 hours ago, jerseycat9 said:

I appreciate the complement brother! At first I was like "this aint gonna last long" cause I didn't have a clue what I was doing with the software and was getting frustrated easily but Im enjoying it more and more as I get more comfortable editing.  Just having fun doing my thing being me ;)

What makes videos like yours, and a few others, cool to watch is that it's fishing that most people can relate to. As a fisherman, I really can't relate to the sponsored guys using top shelf gear on million dollar boats. Not that there's any thing wrong with that. But I know what it's like when a big cat, or striper hits that bait hard, and that success and sometimes failure, makes it entertaining in a relative sort of way.

4 hours ago, Hook I said:

6/5 about 2pm this LM had a hook & line about its tail (you can see ) removed & released been a while since I was local 

41496D71-5F0C-445A-BF20-C66237479F86.jpeg.28dcd0a891adfb1381ead8039921de19.jpeg1794541E-28DB-4D7C-A10C-5C955364BF9E.jpeg.603da17881b01f2c5668e18da4e905ba.jpeg

niceeeeeeee

15 mins ago, NewAtIt said:

Conditions were pretty good today for a waking rat bite - cloudy - good chop on the water so I managed a few. 

0980FCC5-BE56-4F5A-A725-46A87AAE1B67.jpeg

0DCB4EA5-D7F2-490C-94C9-B912BA0B40A5.jpeg

6AFC3003-C72A-4852-86F4-97600A3094F4.jpeg

awesome.....