KnewBee

Freshwater Fishing Reports

4,437 posts in this topic

With the the winds gusting to 35 today I figured they’d be tight to cover so I hit my spot and drew a few out with the 12” trout bait but they wouldn’t commit so I switched up to a 7” waking bait and dead sticked it near a rock pile and this lil guy smoked it.  

634ECB45-42FE-48DF-83A5-1C804984C43D.jpeg

1B30C83D-7CF1-4EFC-84B4-D83DDC0CADB7.jpeg

666E188A-1430-4E0A-9CB5-9BD2125D011E.jpeg

B0CF63B6-9108-4874-BB7F-57AB9A83FE32.jpeg

7 hours ago, KnewBee said:

Fun would be an understatement  

20220618_201404.jpg

Do they taste as good as my brother says they do? He eats the heck out of those things and tells me they stand uo to walleye any day.

I personally don't understand the praise heaped on walleye anyways, i prefer flatheads over all othe freshwater fish myself 

10 hours ago, jerseycat9 said:

Do they taste as good as my brother says they do? He eats the heck out of those things and tells me they stand uo to walleye any day.

I personally don't understand the praise heaped on walleye anyways, i prefer flatheads over all othe freshwater fish myself 

Getting ready to find out...   Will let ya know.    From all I hear, they are delicious.

14 hours ago, jerseycat9 said:

Absolutely amazing.  Spouse and kid said right up there with Striper and Flounder.  More "meaty" and less "flaky" than I thought they would be.  Gosh Darn delicious.  

20220619_195217.jpg