KnewBee

Freshwater Fishing Reports

4,541 posts in this topic

13 mins ago, surfnfish93 said:

6:30 am to 3pm today at Round Valley NJ, was jigging spoons for lakers, powerbait and mealworms for trout, and trolled for whatever else might bite. Not one touch all day. Did see huge schools of fish in 40-50 feet of water. Some like the poor quality picture below and some so thick that my fish finder thought the depth had changed to 20 feet haha!! Curious if anyone has a guess as to what type of fish might be in such a large school at this depth. 

CB107B8E-8E2B-4D5E-B748-A628FAE47FAD.png

imho that's a tree/brushpile.

6 mins ago, buddha162 said:

imho that's a tree/brushpile.

Definitely could be! I did see some massive schools tightly packed though, and am sure that’s what it was because they moved 

Just heads up a 48" striper was electrofished by DWR in downtown Richmond, VA. I assume it was anadromous. About a mile or so below the fall line. 

* The season doesn't start til mid May (after most have come and gone) and can only keep 1 slot size per day. But that won't deter some of our locals...

Anyhow shad are here and stripers have started

On 3/17/2022 at 7:02 AM, Old Hunter said:

Spent yesterday with my buddy Johnny in Contentnea Creek, not hot action but steady at times - Hickory Shad (kept the Roe Shad for Johnny) and we both caught Blueback Herring as well (threw back the Buck’s and Herring).  We started out to fish the Tar River but it was a flood stage and full of floaters running way fast and muddy to boot.  OH

9C392314-FC95-415C-B2A1-46FAA4984891.jpeg

6C6C3DEC-D143-4B82-B0E2-AB8D595825AC.jpeg

6DE38CB3-00AC-4C8B-9DA9-A4C619EA00F1.jpeg

09F2A173-98BF-4CD3-83CD-FD5A7DC9F0BB.jpeg

48F62164-36CF-4AE6-BBA2-3F58228B8EC2.jpeg

Pink :th:

Yellow Perch, small LM bass, and suckers made for an active sunday morning. Just about anything I threw caught or attracted fish. Slip bobber+jig+worm; klcme inline spinner; eurotackle b-bvibe+jig.

I didn't get into the larger perch that i saw being caught :( but I did manage a few decent sized ones for the table and all were female. Also, i saw a huge walleye was in the shallows.

6 hours ago, Sheisty said:

Yellow Perch, small LM bass, and suckers made for an active sunday morning. Just about anything I threw caught or attracted fish. Slip bobber+jig+worm; klcme inline spinner; eurotackle b-bvibe+jig.

I didn't get into the larger perch that i saw being caught :( but I did manage a few decent sized ones for the table and all were female. Also, i saw a huge walleye was in the shallows.

Ask @fishless the walleye regs if you’re not sure 

22 hours ago, Sheisty said:

from where i am thinking? If so i was there saturday and had the spot to myself and managed 7 large size females. i had a fish on that i got a side look at that was in the 18" range that looked like a walleye to me. he thru the hook on the second run downstream. 

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, BrianZ said:

from where i am thinking? If so i was there saturday and had the spot to myself and managed 7 large size females. i had a fish on that i got a side look at that was in the 18" range that looked like a walleye to me. he thru the hook on the second run downstream. 

Yes sir. The whole place was mobbed sunday from the brush path on up to the spawing grounds. All four corners had anglers. For some reason I never get anything in any of the better runs downstream.

There was even a guy who realzed it wasn't ok to fish standing right next to me smh

Edited by Sheisty

Hello SOL! Sorry I been gone had some motor issues and life complications recently so I'd taken a couple weekends off. Still having motor issues so I was stuck fishing closer to the ramp with some big thunderstorms not far off. Liked seeing all the reports and notifications s from the fresh thread recently! Keep up the good fishing guys!