KnewBee

Freshwater Fishing Reports

484 posts in this topic

Went froggin today. I had a tough day and went only 1 for 8. Had to check a couple times to make sure there were hooks on my frog! The greenery is so bad already. The lake is almost unfishable now. Might be my last trip of the season to that particular lake. Time to move on. A75ACA4E-AD1D-4A45-BAD6-DA7469948D9C.jpeg.4155c2dcf4398dd4cfc30171dc25ac76.jpeg

Matt, the grass is your friend.   I never, ever fish hollow body frogs, just not my thing.  But when the grass gets to walk on thickness, a  swim senko or Zoom U Vibe, or silver minnow will produce BIG TIME!

Upper Back Bay isn't clogged up yet, but I can't wait for that time.

Targeted the pan fish this evening.   Threw a few Whopper casts just to see if I could find a bass, instead, found an aggressive lil white perch.  The wind never died down, seemed to INCREASE at sunset.

Crappie.jpg

White.jpg

Finally the weather broke blue skies ,sunny 69 degrees & rising but they just aren't biting ,after an hour , it was plan B to another water where I have not been to this early spring , I know what's there so tactics have to change , top of the column = spook nada , lower water column = tube in about 4 different colors nada , middle water column BINGO ! fast retrieve  KVD Strike King red eye shad rattle trap in chartreuse , remember I knew what was there , plenty of Smallmouth or Bronze back some call them  a baker's dozen  3.7 lb was the best . Note : water is very high now but when water is extremely low get out there and take photos of those drops, rock walls , tree stumps because they are worth every bit of info when conditions are right ,  BTW all from the shore line . 

On 30.4.2019. at 3:19 AM, bennie said:

1 red horse sucker

On 30.4.2019. at 3:19 AM, bennie said:

20190429_203752.jpg

dude thats barbel

I tried out a new micro crank bait and caught a ton of fish until it got bit off by a big pickerel. The best part is that they make the fish look bigger in photos than they actually are. :p

D0EB0EB4-4BA8-402C-86AD-01E5A123BF99.jpeg

Hopefully getting out there Sunday if the weather isn't atrocious. Ordered some new small Rat-L-Traps and I'm excited to see how they compare to the bigger guys. 

Targeted Pan fish while throwing around the new Whopper 75.  Two small bass to 2 lb 1,   meh...

Two one.jpg

13 mins ago, KnewBee said:

Targeted Pan fish while throwing around the new Whopper 75.  Two small bass to 2 lb 1,   meh...

Two one.jpg

You're on a roll now,,,,,,,,,:)