KnewBee

Freshwater Fishing Reports

3,222 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, jjdbike said:

I like your net. I have a C & R net in that material. Love that hooks don't tangle as much as woven cord. Mine is too wide, more challenging to bushwhack, and too shallow, fish literally jump out while I'm trying to unhook.

Go barbless & get one of these. Never gets caught in the brush or with the fish. Ketchum release.

k.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 mins ago, SB59 said:

Go barbless & get one of these. Never gets caught in the brush or with the fish. Ketchum release.

k.jpg

Is that to beat them??

 

Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, jjdbike said:

That's a nice fallfish!

I like your net. I have a C & R net in that material. Love that hooks don't tangle as much as woven cord. Mine is too wide, more challenging to bushwhack, and too shallow, fish literally jump out while I'm trying to unhook. If you don't mind, where did you get it?

JD

Its a flea bay special. I paid like $25.00 for it. So far its going on 2 years on fishing all seasons & not a tear or rip. I just net the fish. remove the lure while its still in the water. then release back in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

Had a few minutes to fish tonight and this bass just wanted all of my Mischief Rat. The take was so violent. 

4C274D96-6ED3-4AC5-B154-5CD9BC0498BF.jpeg

87E0AC8D-4EBB-4C1A-800F-3CD304321D89.jpeg

Edited by NewAtIt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few from this past week:

 

yMQPIGil.jpg

 

bHVeQ1Ll.jpg

 

k15WWnEl.jpg

 

BSeXtJzl.jpg

 

Caught somewhere around 60 fish over 6 days on and off fishing. Helped on stock truck 2 of the days. Nothing too exciting.....the largest there is 18" brown. The one blurry pic is due to the pouring monsoon rain storm I was crazy enough to fish in. Trying to score another big one which I've located a couple but they're not cooperating. Maybe next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 mins ago, Redneck Tourist said:

A few from this past week:

 

yMQPIGil.jpg

 

bHVeQ1Ll.jpg

 

k15WWnEl.jpg

 

BSeXtJzl.jpg

 

Caught somewhere around 60 fish over 6 days on and off fishing. Helped on stock truck 2 of the days. Nothing too exciting.....the largest there is 18" brown. The one blurry pic is due to the pouring monsoon rain storm I was crazy enough to fish in. Trying to score another big one which I've located a couple but they're not cooperating. Maybe next week.

I think last pic is a palomino fantail?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RAW said:

I think last pic is a palomino fantail?

Yeah I think it's a Palomino Fish Hatchery Raceway Rag-Tail Hybrid. The 2nd pic is a Sportsmans Club Fat-Head Mongoloid Throwback Rainbow. We have some interesting variations going on here in good ole Pa.......LOL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Redneck Tourist said:

Yeah I think it's a Palomino Fish Hatchery Raceway Rag-Tail Hybrid. The 2nd pic is a Sportsmans Club Fat-Head Mongoloid Throwback Rainbow. We have some interesting variations going on here in good ole Pa.......LOL. 

Pa. seems to have a lot of them, interesting though, caught a 9lb. one on a Lake Ontario trib.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RAW said:

Pa. seems to have a lot of them, interesting though, caught a 9lb. one on a Lake Ontario trib.

.....a 9lb Palomino? Wow I bet that was a good fight! Most of the ones I've caught tend to go ape$hit when hooked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This report is about 2 weeks late. 

 

I took off to East Tennessee looking for some stripers below the dams but any action would suffice.

 

I kinda had a feeling that I was a little too early still for any major success on the stripers but I just wanted to get away for 24hrs.

 

I caught everything but a striper. I caught walleye, I caught white bass, I caught hybrids, I caught hickory shad, I caught a ton of skipjack herring on flukes, I caught drum, I hooked and broke off a huge flathead on a bucktail (she was a big girl in the 45+ range but I stood no chance with her in the current), I caught a smallie, I saw a few big paddlefish swim past me in the lights, I even seen a endangered sturgeon right at my feet just treading water (I included the best picture I got of him, he was definitely in the 5ft range). Only damn thing I didnt see was a true strain striper lol.

 

 

20210423_224246.jpg

20210423_222826.jpg

20210423_223008.jpg

20210423_212954.jpg

20210424_002527.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Redneck Tourist said:

.....a 9lb Palomino? Wow I bet that was a good fight! Most of the ones I've caught tend to go ape$hit when hooked.

Actually was a triple fantail, Really did not fight as domestic rainbow or a steelhead, still quite a sight, Looked like a giant palomino goldfish. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.