KnewBee

Freshwater Fishing Reports

3,195 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, JBstripes said:

Nice fish ... what size Stradic is that ?   Cant decided if I want the 500 or 1000

This is a 1000, but I have another Stradic 1000 that is bigger. I think Shimano got a little weird with their numbering system. This one probably should've been a 500, like the Vanford.

Fished 8 hrs Saturday and 7 hrs Sunday at a big lake targeting Bass.   Caught 5 Sat and 6 Sunday with biggest only 17 inches.  I don't do well at big lakes and the wind was very strong.  Tourneys are fun though and raise money for good cause. 

Tourney results:  Of the 16 entered, top five for best three bass was 58", 54", 52", 51" and my 50".  Bottom seven competitors didn't log a bass!  One entry was only one 8" bass.  So in hindsight, I didn't too bad.    Think I will chase bluefish for a spell.

Did some after work fishing today caught a nice size pickerel what a blast that was!! Will be hitting the water tomorrow in the storm right after making more $$$$$$ 

4 hours ago, vce12342000 said:

caught a native fish today 182308424_457863028808427_8236761922978671375_n.jpg

That's a nice fallfish!

I like your net. I have a C & R net in that material. Love that hooks don't tangle as much as woven cord. Mine is too wide, more challenging to bushwhack, and too shallow, fish literally jump out while I'm trying to unhook. If you don't mind, where did you get it?

JD

Posted (edited) · Report post

Chased the shad yesterday and manged around 50 all hickory.

Got some interesting by-catch including a 30" walleye a few flathead and a few huge carp

20210504_105439.jpg

20210504_132140.jpg

IMG_1187.jpg

Edited by Captain Ahab

37 mins ago, jjdbike said:

That's a nice fallfish!

I like your net. I have a C & R net in that material. Love that hooks don't tangle as much as woven cord. Mine is too wide, more challenging to bushwhack, and too shallow, fish literally jump out while I'm trying to unhook. If you don't mind, where did you get it?

JD

VCE turned me onto these on Fleabay . Nice nets for short money . I ended up giving it away and reworked my net to fit my requirements '

2 hours ago, Captain Ahab said:

Chased the shad yesterday and manged around 50 all hickory.

Got some interesting by-catch including a 30" walleye a few flathead and a few huge carp

20210504_105439.jpg

20210504_132140.jpg

IMG_1187.jpg

Wow, sounds like an epic day!

Nice eye, love stripers as bycatch & that carp must have been fun!

DE or Susky?

2 hours ago, KidDkivahh said:

VCE turned me onto these on Fleabay . Nice nets for short money . I ended up giving it away and reworked my net to fit my requirements '

Thanks Kid,

Gonna look them up.

JD