Freshwater Fishing Reports

KnewBee

5 hours ago, Jay Blair said:

If that is the club on the Jig, they certainly stocked some really nice brood fish this year. 

That brook trout is a Mondo.

Yeah I was over looking at the club trout nursery on the Falling Spring the other day and they've got some really nice fish in there this year. Hoping to get one of those 20"+ ones on my line that I see swimming around in there.....LOL.

Yeah that Brook must be a slow learner. I saw a guy fishing this spot and he started heading my way so I asked him if he had any luck? He said he just caught a big fat brookie in that hole and threw it back. So I moved up there and 1st cast I got a big fat brookie. I'm pretty sure its the same fish he caught. I also released it but it's probably a filet by now.

14 mins ago, Redneck Tourist said:

Yeah I was over looking at the club trout nursery on the Falling Spring the other day and they've got some really nice fish in there this year. Hoping to get one of those 20"+ ones on my line that I see swimming around in there.....LOL.

Yeah that Brook must be a slow learner. I saw a guy fishing this spot and he started heading my way so I asked him if he had any luck? He said he just caught a big fat brookie in that hole and threw it back. So I moved up there and 1st cast I got a big fat brookie. I'm pretty sure its the same fish he caught. I also released it but it's probably a filet by now.

Yeah, just the way with stocked trout. I used to think if I caught and released them they would wise up, but the next time I fished the areas they were all gone.

Most are born and bred to be caught.

Stocked Browns hold the best, but most of them get caught before they get a chance to wise up.

Edited by Jay Blair

"May your travels always take you to where the water meets the shore"

A couple of catches from the last couple of days, including my first gar! 

The catfish were caught out of the Mississippi River. River is super high here in Baton Rouge so the floodplain is holding some great cats. I only had worms but I’m sure if I went out with cut bait I could get some big boys. Still fun to catch these guys though. 

D4FED801-AB31-4F0E-8945-BD8B54AF1873.jpeg

4C761236-D904-48A0-B87B-D7597646BF84.jpeg

CD38B0DF-E9D3-4CAE-8C5B-83DE45D3BF9B.jpeg

97C4E357-C9B0-4734-919B-AD9BDC4C8141.jpeg

772ECBC8-DDF8-40D3-BF06-473BEE79A4A4.jpeg

"It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most
Not where you live, what you drive or the price tag on your clothes" -Zac Brown Band

"A leader is someone who keeps their head when everyone else is losing theirs." -Bryant Wright

Turkey hunting at the farm, but bass fishing a couple time a day as well.  Bass were frisky yesterday, landed five smalls (9” to 13”) and all except one on blue/silver minnows of different brands and types.  The biggest hit a crystal Whopper Popper 90.  OH

51E51C43-FF09-4AEC-A9C5-4C1319987890.jpeg

D54C6722-53C1-4E31-8CCE-A6C5C4B33950.jpeg

E5817F19-1BA4-4837-8F26-CB980DFD7A61.jpeg

Edited by Old Hunter
Pictures