KnewBee

Freshwater Fishing Reports

1,547 posts in this topic

13 mins ago, NewAtIt said:


‘Small world as I happen to know Shiah through Spey fishing - I’ve been known to swing a fly or 2 with a 2 handed rod. 
 

‘’It’s good to know the Shad are moving. 

EE5130EF-B7B0-4E29-87F9-D541A83EAB4F.jpeg

DBB26B74-97AF-41B5-BBCD-9E7C862CE51E.jpeg

Small world.  Such a nice guy.  He pulled up with his wife and asked me how I was doing.  When I told him I lost one he told his wife he was going fishing and she went for her walk by herself.  And she didn’t mind because she’s a hell of a fisher person too from what I remember him telling me.  
I was in constant amazement watching him throw that little fly into the current seam. You guys that use those rods have my utmost respect. 
 

Pat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

Made it out again today, hit a few ponds while fighting a still ENE wind, some rain and feel like temps in the mid 30’s. 

 

I threw jerkbaits all day because I enjoy it - managed 1 small bass and 2 pickerel - hoping for more productive conditions tomorrow.

 

I swear I caught this bass 3 days in a row - pretty much the same exact spot and roughly the same time of day - she’s my new steady. LOL

 

56602F5E-BAEF-41E5-B852-205C04BC5364.jpeg

AEA78182-E3D3-4705-9701-A7BF3B2B1DC4.jpeg

3D86E33C-4ED6-4B66-B45E-E7443568CC6F.jpeg

Edited by NewAtIt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 mins ago, NewAtIt said:

I swear I caught this bass 3 days in a row - pretty much the same exact spot and roughly the same time of day - she’s my new steady. LOL

 

3D86E33C-4ED6-4B66-B45E-E7443568CC6F.jpeg

 

Nice job, but maybe try not to break your new BFF's jaw for a photo :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The old man really showed me up this morning. Shattered my personal best on this stream by atleast a pound.20200326_074145.jpg.c8d50e519785517078f5b42843fa2d7c.jpgthat rainbow was a pig, probably around 8lbs. Still swimming 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 mins ago, Haycreekrambler said:

The old man really showed me up this morning. Shattered my personal best on this stream by atleast a pound.20200326_074145.jpg.c8d50e519785517078f5b42843fa2d7c.jpgthat rainbow was a pig, probably around 8lbs. Still swimming 

Have to doubt the 8 lbs maybe 9 , never underestimate the teacher . Thanks for sharing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 mins ago, Hook I said:

Have to doubt the 8 lbs maybe 9 , never underestimate the teacher . Thanks for sharing. 

Was cool to be close enough to him to get a pic. We're always apart fishing a different section of a stream. Really have no idea how much the fish weighted. Don't really try to handle them just, get them unhooked quickly and revived.  Fun morning 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Little late but 3/24 went to a local SEPA lake for the spawning perch bite. Went a few days early and got into them good but with the rain Monday threw a wrench into things. Spent about 2 hours searching for them but finally found them at a familiar spot. 4 hours of casting and catching. Fish were all decent sized 8-12”. Also caught maybe a dozen over 12”. Great day all on soft plastics. 

87012D1C-992B-49B1-9A0B-DA566553F993.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 mins ago, nfd27 said:

Little late but 3/24 went to a local SEPA lake for the spawning perch bite. Went a few days early and got into them good but with the rain Monday threw a wrench into things. Spent about 2 hours searching for them but finally found them at a familiar spot. 4 hours of casting and catching. Fish were all decent sized 8-12”. Also caught maybe a dozen over 12”. Great day all on soft plastics. 

87012D1C-992B-49B1-9A0B-DA566553F993.jpeg

Sweet, my friend has been into them too. Now with everything going on and not working thinking, I'm gonna have to start looking for slab crappies 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Long morning chilling morning, late morning the temperature and fishing turned up.  Somewhere around 2 dozen yellow perch, 7-10" range.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did some after work fishing caught two LM bass & enjoyed a bit of the 60 degree temps, will hit the water again tomorrow once another day of making $$$$$ ends. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing some nice fish posted today. I feel terrible posting these little guys but it was the best I could do. 

 

Got some new jerkbaits at Dick’s - your Oder online and they send you an email or text confirming you order is ready. Once you get the email you pull up curbside call them tell them your there and they run the order out to you. The girl came right out once I called and tossed the bag in my car. 

 

Also, Dicks is having a sale on Rapala’s - buy 3 get 1 free.

 

 

 

 

52E2B2D4-3C0D-4810-8562-BB4D733F9EC0.jpeg

982B1DC5-F709-4B4E-91D9-613F1696F38C.jpeg

619CA385-A3E6-46BC-81B0-B9FA25F762CF.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Skunked Monday and Tuesday.  Rain and wind kept me off the water Wednesday.   Got out to a little pond on base today and broke the skunk with a couple dinks and a 1-12.  Swim senkos were the ticket.

 

 

20200326_180442 (1).jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got out today just about the same time , with today’s temps. And full sun the water should activate fish activity much more . Note : since the sun rises I believe to fish the western shore more giving more time to warm up , it’s where I have been catching 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.