codfish

FISH REPORT 2019 Cape Cod Bay to the Back Side of Province town "sand eel city"

Rate this topic

1,442 posts in this topic

10 mins ago, nicknotsebastian said:

belated fishing report.

 

was out sat 11/2.  what a nice day!  there was a huge pod of two tones off wood end (yes, we first thought they were tuna!), watched a coyote walking along the beach by long point, lots of fun schoolie bass (18-22”) in tight from WE all the way around to RP beach by the old CG House.

 

most impressive were the sand eels.  all i kept thinking was “sand eel city”.  there was a solid “band” of sand eels, maybe 30-40’ wide, running parallel to the beach about 200m offshore all the way along from WE to the backside.  thousands of birds sitting on the water too full to fly with never ending macs (very easy to get bait) and baby bonito attacking them from the outside.  so many sand eels it looked like rain.

 

the rest of the day was pretty good too... 

Nice:):)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

Well 2019 is in the books for me the boat goes in for winterizing Tuesday, that said was this thread helpful?? any suggestions ??

Edited by codfish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, codfish said:

Well 2019 is in the books for me the boat goes in for winterizing Tuesday, that said was this thread helpful?? any suggestions ??

Thanks for the insight on the lobster trap hauler, I might buy it this offseason. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 mins ago, IamFish said:

Anyone been out around PeakHill or SWC for tuna? I’ve been watching the weather for 1 more trip and possibly for haddock and pollock.

TIA.

 

last weekend we went to take a look including the SWC and down the backside some.  quiet.  tons of bait, marked a couple fish... but nothing very exciting tuna wise at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

35 mins ago, nicknotsebastian said:

last weekend we went to take a look including the SWC and down the backside some.  quiet.  tons of bait, marked a couple fish... but nothing very exciting tuna wise at all.

Thanks, I might have to head East then. 
 

Edited by IamFish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 mins ago, IamFish said:

Thanks, I might have to head East then. 
 

have heard E of Chatham isn’t what is was a couple weeks ago but some big end of rec fish getting got and some mandatory release :hooked:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, codfish said:

Well 2019 is in the books for me the boat goes in for winterizing Tuesday, that said was this thread helpful?? any suggestions ??

This has been entertaining and informative but not so much as to be too informative ! Follow? I’m looking forward to this next years thread. It really helps the winter to pass. Thanks Codfish for taking the time to post good stuff 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

5 hours ago, IamFish said:

Anyone been out around PeakHill or SWC for tuna? I’ve been watching the weather for 1 more trip and possibly for haddock and pollock.

TIA.

 

There were 300-700 lb fish in Ptown feeding on the bunker schools

Edited by codfish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 mins ago, Kones1 said:

This has been entertaining and informative but not so much as to be too informative ! Follow? I’m looking forward to this next years thread. It really helps the winter to pass. Thanks Codfish for taking the time to post good stuff 

Thanks for sharing:):)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, nicknotsebastian said:

have heard E of Chatham isn’t what is was a couple weeks ago but some big end of rec fish getting got and some mandatory release :hooked:

I’ve been out 2 times in the last 2 weeks.. definitely lots of life out east... lots of 40”-50” fish on top...    live macs under a balloon don’t last 5 min, either porbeagles or spooled in 30 seconds  :banghd:       I’ll be out there tomorrow! Hopefully I’ll have something good to say !!

78DC0350-79DC-4BA6-960D-8C6FFF1BC66E.jpeg

4FC8FB06-490A-44A2-9CF6-F6FDFABDEB9E.jpeg

937738EB-7DFA-46C7-8928-2A97D163E5C6.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BadMojo said:

I’ve been out 2 times in the last 2 weeks.. definitely lots of life out east... lots of 40”-50” fish on top...    live macs under a balloon don’t last 5 min, either porbeagles or spooled in 30 seconds  :banghd:       I’ll be out there tomorrow! Hopefully I’ll have something good to say !!

78DC0350-79DC-4BA6-960D-8C6FFF1BC66E.jpeg

4FC8FB06-490A-44A2-9CF6-F6FDFABDEB9E.jpeg

937738EB-7DFA-46C7-8928-2A97D163E5C6.jpeg

Let us know how it goes??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the way to the sword... found some whales and dolphin but no tuna. 

Not nearly as much life out there as the last few weeks...          only saw 3 other boats out all day.. we were the only cc.... way too cold       Today.      :fire:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now