codfish

FISH REPORT 2019 Cape Cod Bay to the Back Side of Province town "sand eel city"

Rate this topic

1,229 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, nofishthisyear said:

Kones1 - Why Wednesday over any of the other days around the full moon? Or is this just the first likely good day?

Factoid-More water will move 2 days or so before the actual day of full. Check out a tide chart and you will see this phenom ! 

OK how about another question. I'm going to the canal and need to pick either tomorrow (Wednesday) from 5am to 7pm or Thursday from 5am to 7pm.  Given the high SW winds tomorrow (making casting a pain and opposite the striper migration movement) or the cooler temperatures forecasted for Thursday (maybe the fish are less active feeding but with the NE wind pushing the bait fro the bay into the canal) which do you thick would be the better day? And by the way I mean better day to catch fish :hooked:Thanks!

I like the SW wind on breaking tides (turning E early in the morning); cast with the wind and work the surface, I think the fish like the SW wind with the E tide, could be crowded. If possible fish both days.

38 mins ago, l.i.fish.in.vt said:

factoid fi don't have tide charts or moon phase charts,when they are there you might catch when they aren't here you wont catchfish when you can

Yep.

11 hours ago, l.i.fish.in.vt said:

factoid fi don't have tide charts or moon phase charts,when they are there you might catch when they aren't here you wont catchfish when you can

No truer words were ever spoken. O and Nofishthisyear , canal fish don’t count so the south shore would be more better 

9 hours ago, codfish said:

30 kt South West winds for CCB YUK:banghd:

Suck they just changed today's weather:mad: and I cancelled fishing with my friend last night

Today
SW winds 10 to 15 kt, increasing to 15 to 20 kt this afternoon. Gusts up to 25 kt. Seas 2 to 3 ft.

11 mins ago, codfish said:

Suck they just changed today's weather:mad: and I cancelled fishing with my friend last night

Today
SW winds 10 to 15 kt, increasing to 15 to 20 kt this afternoon. Gusts up to 25 kt. Seas 2 to 3 ft.

18 sustained, gusts to high 20’s, now and this morning, a little higher this afternoon.

I have no regrets cancelling. Especially for 5 pound bluefish

13 hours ago, fishonnelsons said:

18 sustained, gusts to high 20’s, now and this morning, a little higher this afternoon.

I have no regrets cancelling. Especially for 5 pound bluefish

That does make me feel a little better:)

Fished the bay on the 10th and it was like a pond so calm. we had a tournament. winning fish out of 100 people was 28"...SAD. tons of schoolies. think the fall run is over? or are the big fish just gone from existence? 

On 9/10/2019 at 6:03 PM, l.i.fish.in.vt said:

Stay home. Lol 

9 hours ago, Kones1 said:

Fall run not over , only small fish left that won’t live to be big fish. Be gentle with them. Tell people fishing sucks.  

lets hope