codfish

FISH REPORT 2019 Cape Cod Bay to the Back Side of Province town "sand eel city"

Rate this topic

803 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, fishonnelsons said:

Two days ago 100 pounders crashing through schools about 300 feet from shore, closer to my way than your way. Tuna gear now on the boat.

your way is my way...we’re out of the pamet...:)

lemme ask “delicately”. were you inside or outside of the demarcation line between “in shore waters” and “off shore near coastal” and if in inside, could you see the cottages (?)

Edited by nicknotsebastian

8 mins ago, nicknotsebastian said:

your way is my way...we’re out of the pamet...:)

lemme ask “delicately”. were you inside or outside of the demarcation line between “in shore waters” and “off shore near coastal” and if in inside, could you see the cottages (?)

My way is not Pamet, but near cottages, but tuna were maybe beyond that 5 miles or so

23 hours ago, jmarino1432 said:

Yesterday was also a first for me in terms of plovers. I edged the boat up  close to a pogie school that was up against the beach. I was maybe 30-40 yards from shore and a plover watcher/environmental lady came screaming at me that I was too close to the plovers in my BOAT. Has anyone else had this happen?

They have been given what they want so much that they actually think they have authority.......I ask them to show me or quote the rule when they give me a hard time for anything.

they make things up as they go.....request an actual ranger if they’re given no you a hard time and watch how quick they change.

On 7/12/2019 at 7:44 AM, jmarino1432 said:

Yesterday was also a first for me in terms of plovers. I edged the boat up  close to a pogie school that was up against the beach. I was maybe 30-40 yards from shore and a plover watcher/environmental lady came screaming at me that I was too close to the plovers in my BOAT. Has anyone else had this happe

Edited by catatonic
Double post

Yesterday was also a first for me in terms of plovers. I edged the boat up  close to a pogie school that was up against the beach. I was maybe 30-40 yards from shore and a plover watcher/environmental lady came screaming at me that I was too close to the plovers in my BOAT. Has anyone else had this happen?

Edited by catatonic
Double post

I don't understand it.  Plovers are done nesting and the babies are grown.  They can all take care of themselves now, assuming nobody runs over them.  What's the harm in walking near an area (the environmental lady did) or even having a boat nearby????

25 mins ago, buz23 said:

I don't understand it.  Plovers are done nesting and the babies are grown.  They can all take care of themselves now, assuming nobody runs over them.  What's the harm in walking near an area (the environmental lady did) or even having a boat nearby????

There really is no harm in any of it. It’s just the crazy bird watchers on a fake power trip. 

5 hours ago, z-man said:

There really is no harm in any of it. It’s just the crazy bird watchers on a fake power trip. 

people laugh but this is what we are up against. these types of people have A LOT of influence. And it won't be long before they finally beat down the door to the point where the beaches will be permanently closed. sharks, seals, birds, ... whatever it takes for them to keep humans away. because after all, we are the problem on this planet, at least that is their contention

Man, I would have flipped out. I’m just so sick of a small minority holding the vast majority by their short hairs and squeezing hard. This world has certainly tipped the other way to a point of ridiculousness.

11 hours ago, whaler1889 said:

The guy who came into harbor behind me told me he was at the golf balls and there were no whales or anything else today. Long day for him and his crew. 

Well I know of two giant tuna that were taken down that way. As far as bass, zippo