codfish

FISH REPORT 2019 Cape Cod Bay to the Back Side of Province town "sand eel city"

Rate this topic

846 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Ditch Dog said:

Worse. The infamous pole 20

pole 20 canal photo.jpg

A couple weeks ago I was fishing about 100 yards west of that spot. There were 2 guys on the point there and one caught about a 20” schoolie. Within 10 minutes the place looked just like that photo. It is insane. I have no idea where all the people suddenly appeared from. 

8 hours ago, jmarino1432 said:

I had heard rumors of tuna crashing pogies in CCB. Today confirmed it as I watched 3 giants (80”) heard pogies up against the beach in 6 feet of water not more than 10 yards from me. Pretty spectacular 

Nice:)

17 hours ago, nicknotsebastian said:

you were about where (town ?)

Two days ago 100 pounders crashing through schools about 300 feet from shore, closer to my way than your way. Tuna gear now on the boat.

Yesterday was also a first for me in terms of plovers. I edged the boat up  close to a pogie school that was up against the beach. I was maybe 30-40 yards from shore and a plover watcher/environmental lady came screaming at me that I was too close to the plovers in my BOAT. Has anyone else had this happen?

4 mins ago, jmarino1432 said:

Yesterday was also a first for me in terms of plovers. I edged the boat up  close to a pogie school that was up against the beach. I was maybe 30-40 yards from shore and a plover watcher/environmental lady came screaming at me that I was too close to the plovers in my BOAT. Has anyone else had this happen?

Yiks, she sounds like a nut:eek:

12 hours ago, SalmonAndStriper Stalker said:

That's not bad only 6 or 7 fishing the rest just standing. 

They are waiting for a hook up then they all rush and mob the person. Casting from the service road, everyone throwing something different..... jigs, pencils, metals, sp's and stick shad's. Not my thing for sure. I pass all those and find quiet waters elsewhere.

2 hours ago, jmarino1432 said:

So this nutjob was in the
restricted" area? Just point and laugh................

2 hours ago, jmarino1432 said:

You should have beached your boat and watched her lose her mind.  Then say sorry I couldn’t hear you so I came in closer.  

:laugh: