FISH REPORT 2019 Cape Cod Bay to the Back Side of Province town "sand eel city"

Rate this topic

codfish

Flat seas:)let us know how you make out??

Today
SE winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas 1 foot or less. Areas of fog this morning with vsby 1 nm or less.
Tonight
SE winds 5 to 10 kt, becoming NE after midnight. Seas 1 foot or less. Patchy fog. Vsby 1 to 3 nm.
Sun
NE winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas 1 foot or less. Patchy fog.
Sun Night
SW winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas around 2 ft. Scattered showers and tstms.
Mon
W winds 5 to 10 kt, increasing to 10 to 15 kt in the afternoon. Seas around 2 ft. A chance of showers.
Edited by codfish

19 hours ago, Theroe said:

He opened up both of the truck cab doors, put a rope through the cab, made a loop and hooked a pulley to it and then use the hand winch to crank the bed back on the truck ........I was up on the high dock, and walk down to offer him a hand-he turned to me and said “no I had this happen before”

Absolutely priceless

Hey you do what u gotta do. :witty:

Pfantum Pfishah

Made my first trip in my new (to me) boat this morning.  Foggy, chilly but otherwise nice morning.  Got into macs quickly, some huge ones, and filled the well.  Tried drifting them down on the backside, nothing.  then back around the point there were birds and a small fleet, marked lots of macs, but didn't see any bass or catch anything.  

Good to get the boat out and get familiar with the new electronics and radar.  

36 mins ago, BillyBallGame said:

How's the boat bite been? By this time we were crushing them last year. All reports have been all bait no bass. 

a lot of 16-20” in the shallows around WE - HC but no even keeper size yet outer cape from the boat... last year it did get good by now.  i just checked and i have pics from 5/28 of 40” ers.

I’m not usually one to post the doom and gloom stuff but the lack of larger fish in my typical spots is pretty concerning. For the past few years we’ve had huge numbers of 28-34” fish in Plymouth Duxbury area and they are really no where to be found this year. I know I know, small sample size but recent studies seem to indicate biomasses of fish almost exclusively stick with schoolmates and return to generally the same area every year. So are we to take this that those fish are just wiped out?

Again, maybe I’m wrong and I hate posting this stuff, and maybe the bigger fish are running (very) late, but it’s definitely concerning. 

(*member formerly known as 'wmitchell1')

8 hours ago, nicknotsebastian said:

a lot of 16-20” in the shallows around WE - HC but no even keeper size yet outer cape from the boat... last year it did get good by now.  i just checked and i have pics from 5/28 of 40” ers.

Back side has received a good push of large bass, "beach":) 15 min drive South of you