FISH REPORT 2019 Cape Cod Bay to the Back Side of Province town "sand eel city"

Rate this topic

codfish

Weather for the Bank, Haddock season getting close

Tonight
SE winds 10 to 15 kt, becoming SW after midnight. Gusts up to 20 kt. Seas 3 to 4 ft. Patchy fog. Showers likely this evening. Vsby 1 nm or less, increasing to 1 to 3 nm after midnight.
Wed
NW winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 25 kt. Seas 3 to 5 ft.
Wed Night
NW winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt. Seas 3 to 5 ft.
Thu
NW winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt, becoming W 5 to 10 kt in the afternoon. Seas 2 to 4 ft.
Thu Night
S winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
Fri
S winds 5 to 10 kt, increasing to 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 25 kt in the afternoon. Seas 2 to 4 ft.
Fri Night
S winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 25 kt. Seas 3 to 5 ft. Showers likely.
Sat
SW winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 25 kt. Seas 3 to 5 ft. A chance of showers.
Sat Night
W winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt. Seas 3 to 5 ft.
Sun
W winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt. Seas 2 to 3 ft.

Marine weather Ptown 7 ft seas for the first day of haddock season, no thanks

Today
SW winds 5 to 10 kt, becoming S 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt this afternoon. Seas around 2 ft.
Tonight
S winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 25 kt. Seas 4 to 5 ft. Patchy fog after midnight. Showers after midnight with vsby 1 nm or less.
Sat
SW winds 15 to 20 kt. Gusts up to 30 kt. Seas 4 to 5 ft. Patchy fog. Showers likely in the morning with vsby 1 nm or less.
Sat Night
SW winds 10 to 15 kt. Gusts up to 25 kt in the evening. Seas around 4 ft.
Sun
W winds 5 to 10 kt, becoming SE in the afternoon. Seas around 3 ft.
Sun Night
SE winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt. Seas 4 to 5 ft. A chance of showers in the evening, then showers after midnight.
Mon
SW winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 25 kt. Seas around 7 ft. Showers. Vsby 1 to 3 nm in the morning.
Mon Night
NW winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 25 kt. Seas 6 to 7 ft. A chance of showers in the evening.
Tue
NW winds 20 to 25 kt, diminishing to 15 to 20 kt in the afternoon. Seas around 7 ft.

Yeah that doesn't look like fun. Next weekend it is. Maybe a week day next week if the weather looks great. 

Early in the haddock season, where (generally) are the haddock hanging out? I'm assuming they're not up on the bank in shallow water yet, correct? Would they be off and around the bank in 300' or so? Just trying to get a general idea, as I want to get into this year and I've never targeted from my boat. Thanks. 

(*member formerly known as 'wmitchell1')

On 4/12/2019 at 11:35 AM, BillyBallGame said:

Yeah that doesn't look like fun. Next weekend it is. Maybe a week day next week if the weather looks great. 

Early in the haddock season, where (generally) are the haddock hanging out? I'm assuming they're not up on the bank in shallow water yet, correct? Would they be off and around the bank in 300' or so? Just trying to get a general idea, as I want to get into this year and I've never targeted from my boat. Thanks. 

Billy another thing to consider is boat speed is limited to 10 MPH until May 1 in CCB, so the Pamet to Wood End is a 1hr ride, yiks

Weather for the bank:)

oday
NW winds 5 to 10 kt, becoming E this afternoon. Seas 2 to 3 ft. Areas of fog. A slight chance of showers this afternoon. Vsby 1 nm or less.
Tonight
SE winds 10 to 15 kt, becoming E 15 to 20 kt after midnight. Gusts up to 25 kt. Seas 2 to 4 ft. Areas of fog. Showers likely. Vsby 1 nm or less.
Mon
S winds 20 to 25 kt with gusts up to 30 kt. Seas 4 to 7 ft. Patchy fog. Showers with a chance of tstms. Some tstms may produce heavy rainfall. Vsby 1 nm or less.
Mon Night
W winds 20 to 25 kt, increasing to 25 to 30 kt after midnight. Gusts up to 40 kt. Seas 4 to 6 ft. A chance of showers.
Tue
W winds 25 to 30 kt, becoming NW 20 to 25 kt in the afternoon. Gusts up to 45 kt. Seas 4 to 7 ft.
Tue Night
NW winds 10 to 15 kt. Gusts up to 30 kt, decreasing to 20 kt after midnight. Seas 3 to 5 ft.
Wed
N winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas 2 to 4 ft.
Wed Night
S winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
Thu
SE winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt. Seas 3 to 5 ft. A chance of showers.

On 4/13/2019 at 5:20 PM, codfish said:

Billy another thing to consider is boat speed is limited to 10 MPH until May 1 in CCB, so the Pamet to Wood End is a 1hr ride, yiks

CF, everything I’ve found says this only applies to vessel 65’ and up. 

1 hour ago, BillyBallGame said:

1 hour ago, BillyBallGame said:

The speed restriction is for all vessels ....Last year certain small boats were stopped in the long point/wood end area. 

1 min ago, Theroe said:

The speed restriction is for all vessels ....Last year certain small boats were stopped in the long point/wood end area. 

Gotcha, I was looking at a federal announcement I guess. Well the run from Plymouth to Stellwagen is going to be a long one

Edited by BillyBallGame