codfish

FISH REPORT 2019 Cape Cod Bay to the Back Side of Province town "sand eel city"

Rate this topic

275 posts in this topic

Good fish.   Before the sharks fish like that were common. Too scary for me now. The bay side is ok but still........skinny water enables me to see them coming is all. 

Dont want to derail this thread with shaaaaack talk but just a quick question. Have there been any reports in summer abt great white encounters with swimmers and waders on the BAY side? I mean very close to shore, not offshore yaks or boaters. Ive only heard of near shore incidents on the outside.

4 hours ago, bdowning said:

Dont want to derail this thread with shaaaaack talk but just a quick question. Have there been any reports in summer abt great white encounters with swimmers and waders on the BAY side? I mean very close to shore, not offshore yaks or boaters. Ive only heard of near shore incidents on the outside.

There were a couple of sharks spotted from the beach at Sandy Neck last summer 

5 hours ago, bdowning said:

we saw one w/in 100 yards of long point and another off wood end 100’ off the beach.  Have been many more seals along Truro bayside.  There was thay 10’ great white that beached inside the pamet - “where there’s one there’s more”... lets just say we’re not wading out as deep as we used to clamming.

4 hours ago, nicknotsebastian said:

we saw one w/in 100 yards of long point and another off wood end 100’ off the beach.  Have been many more seals along Truro bayside.  There was thay 10’ great white that beached inside the pamet - “where there’s one there’s more”... lets just say we’re not wading out as deep as we used to clamming.

I watched them bury that great white just to left while heading out of the Pamet last year.

2 hours ago, codfish said:

What we noticed this past year are smaller great whites in the 7-9 ft range in the bay feeding on hooked bass.

Seeing more grey seals near Manomet. I was at White Horse last summer when everyone was ordered out of the water for a white spotted a mile away. 

All hell is going to break loose when someone gets chomped on the western coast line (the “South Shore”) of Cape Cod Bay.

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, Kones1 said:

O man  !   Hey is that a little fisher person hiding there ?

And my 7 year old son is well on his way.

F6B4BE3B-F70A-471F-8582-F740E5474332.jpeg

C0A8F74D-4916-445B-8B97-12AFAFA77641.jpeg

Edited by catatonic