codfish

FISH REPORT 2019 Cape Cod Bay to the Back Side of Province town "sand eel city"

Rate this topic

267 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, codfish said:

Thought about checking my local water out when my feet went out from under me my coffee flew up in the air, hit my head, got back up and went back inside and said to my wife "what was I thinking?" be safe out there, beware of black ice.

Hope you are ok and didn’t break something 

Yiks:)GALE WARNING    TODAY  Variable winds less than 10 kt, becoming S. Seas 2 to  3 ft.  TONIGHT  S winds 10 to 15 kt, increasing to 15 to 25 kt. Seas  3 to 5 ft.  FRI  S winds 20 to 25 kt. Seas building to 5 to 9 ft. Areas  of fog with VSBY 1 nm or less.  FRI NIGHT  S winds 20 to 30 kt, becoming S to SW 25 to 35 kt.  Seas building to 8 to 13 ft. Rain and areas of fog with VSBY 1  nm or less.  SAT  W winds 15 to 25 kt. Seas 7 to 12 ft.  SAT NIGHT  W to NW winds 20 to 30 kt. Seas 6 to 10 ft.  SUN  NW winds 15 to 25 kt, becoming W 10 to 20 kt. Seas 5 to  9 ft.

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 4:09 PM, codfish said:

2019 prediction on when my first striper will be caught April 14:)

thats my sons due date!! hoping i catch one around then as well!

On 3/8/2019 at 7:31 AM, mikez2 said:

Not just the thinking changes, the fish, the bay, the rivers, it's all changing all the time.

Just think of the changes we've seen in our lifetimes.

Even the 20 years some of us been discussing it on forums have seen big changes. 

Look at the recent surge of big stripers in Canada. A recent development. How long will it last?

The Chesapeake and its rivers have major water quality issues. Rollbacks on environmental regs, drought, crazy storms with floods, more pig farms...

Big breeders targeted. Even C&R of breeders in those warm, compromised waters...

Maybe the Hudson and points north will have to pick up some slack?

What I find absolutely fascinating is what I read in Karas’s book is that after the industrial revolution there was such a lack of stripers up here that famous clubs like the cuttyhunk fishing club basically shut down due to lack of fish, due to the widespread damming of the rivers up here killing the local stock.  The theory is then the Chesapeake and the Hudson River stock basically learned to migrate up here filling in the void creating what we have today, nature is truly incredible. 

A few shorts in the Manasquan River (Point Pleasant) the last few days......Bunker are just starting to school in the New York bight,so it won’t be long now!

10 hours ago, Theroe said:

Bunker are just starting to school in the New York bight,so it won’t be long now!

Yesterday morning I was driving along the Belt and swore I was seeing stirring water under diving birds.  I was thinking “bait ?” but could not convince myself.  I guess it was !

:)Ptown weather, 1 ft or less:) when was the last time you so this in March??

Today
SW winds around 5 kt, becoming S this afternoon. Seas 1 foot or less.
Tonight
S winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas 1 foot or less.
Thu
SE winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas around 2 ft.
Thu Night
SE winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 25 kt. Seas 2 to 3 ft. Patchy fog. Showers. Vsby 1 to 3 nm, decreasing to 1 nm or less after midnight.
Fri
S winds 10 to 15 kt, becoming SW with gusts up to 20 kt in the afternoon. Seas 3 to 4 ft. Showers likely, mainly in the morning. Patchy fog in the morning with vsby 1 nm or less.
Fri Night
W winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt, increasing to 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 30 kt after midnight. Seas 4 to 5 ft. A chance of showers in the evening.