codfish

FISH REPORT 2019 Cape Cod Bay to the Back Side of Province town "sand eel city"

Rate this topic

1,047 posts in this topic

This winter feels like death from a thousand cuts. Seems like one micro storm after another, with two more this wkend. Maybe not so micro this time? :dismay:

Yes. Depending on where you live. Regardless, March definitely in like a lion. Cold and active pattern 1st 2 weeks. Might moderate afterwards...(We can only hope)

2 hours ago, codfish said:

Check out the new ground fish rules, you will like what you see:)

Link?  I did a quick search and couldn't find where new rules for 2019 are posted.  

9 mins ago, Northshore Bob said:

Link?  I did a quick search and couldn't find where new rules for 2019 are posted.  

Agreed, I'd like to hear more about this. 

2 hours ago, bdowning said:

This winter feels like death from a thousand cuts. Seems like one micro storm after another, with two more this wkend. Maybe not so micro this time? :dismay:

Remember what happened last year on this coming weekend? A biggie!

Found a federal rules page (copy/search):

Federal Recreational Fisheries Regulations for the Greater Atlantic Region
Updated May 1, 2018

2 hours ago, nicknotsebastian said:

posted the link.

its waiting for mod authorization :)

That site is blocked, it’s a commercial site. Each state has it’s own fish and game page - please link to or copy/paste from those state sites - thanks :)

TimS

I ran into a friend who works for the DMF and he said "proposed haddock changes, 2019 15 fish, also 1 cod, but we still are trying to figure out the dates for allowing 1 cod" When I hear more I will let you know:)

1 hour ago, codfish said:

I ran into a friend who works for the DMF and he said "proposed haddock changes, 2019 15 fish, also 1 cod, but we still are trying to figure out the dates for allowing 1 cod" When I hear more I will let you know:)

That is great news

No fishing in this weather

Today
NE winds 20 to 25 kt, becoming N 15 to 20 kt this afternoon. Gusts up to 30 kt. Seas around 5 ft. Snow and rain. Vsby 1 nm or less.
Tonight
N winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 25 kt, becoming NW 5 to 10 kt after midnight. Seas around 5 ft, subsiding to 3 ft after midnight. A chance of snow in the evening with vsby 1 to 3 nm.
Sun
W winds around 5 kt, becoming S around 5 kt in the afternoon. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
Sun Night
SE winds 5 to 10 kt, becoming E 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt after midnight. Seas around 2 ft. Snow. Rain after midnight. Vsby 1 to 3 nm, decreasing to 1 nm or less after midnight.
Mon
NE winds 15 to 20 kt, becoming NW 20 to 25 kt in the afternoon. Gusts up to 30 kt. Seas 4 to 5 ft. Rain in the morning. Vsby 1 to 3 nm.