codfish

FISH REPORT 2019 Cape Cod Bay to the Back Side of Province town "sand eel city"

Rate this topic

186 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, whaler1889 said:

Just curious, how much deeper will the outer Pamet channel be after the dredge?  Any idea how long before it needs to be done again?

Don’t know, will ask Tony when I see him. I believe we do the channels every year or two, but the basin hasn’t been done for four years, which is too long.

On 1/2/2019 at 6:03 PM, codfish said:

I will be checking on the parking lot for ya this winter:)

Herring cove offers the prime location to obtain sand eels of size , big momma, blue fish and once some great fluke fishing . see a few dolphins, small whales , seals and great whites. These waters have the right habitat where Whitey can ambush all it wants when hungry . To think we once fished in and around these waters with a bathing suit only. Those days are gone forever I am afraid.

32 mins ago, Angler #1 said:

Herring cove offers the prime location to obtain sand eels of size , big momma, blue fish and once some great fluke fishing . see a few dolphins, small whales , seals and great whites. These waters have the right habitat where Whitey can ambush all it wants when hungry . To think we once fished in and around these waters with a bathing suit only. Those days are gone forever I am afraid.

Yea they are as well as kayak fishing for me. It’s been only the past 3 summers I haven’t so I’m pretty sure ol whitey was around before that. 

50 mins ago, Angler #1 said:

until recent years we used to wade out to this same sandbar to fly cast for schoolies (!).

pic taken from the beach of whitey cruising the shallows - May 2017

C48D25EC-614D-4B8D-95BE-1CE6DA1746F5.jpeg

9 hours ago, Angler #1 said:

Yup big sand eels :)

D08F54EC-9EC8-451B-AE33-073550D88DBE.thumb.jpeg.6e41e6b9ec8863db220ec373186c3880.jpeg

they announced that the Herring cove parking lot won’t be open for the summer like originally planned.......they said hopefully the road will be open but it will be fall before the lot is finished.

They should just leave the herring cove lot as beach and make it ORV only.  It seems like a lost cause trying to repair and repave the lot after every winter storm. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

15 mins ago, Kones1 said:

I was always partial to the RonZ version  myself. 

ronz are great (esp for tuna) but i’d recommend those bill hurley cc sand eels... last season they caught well when no other lure did.

Edited by nicknotsebastian
spelling !

11 hours ago, nicknotsebastian said:

ronz are great (esp for tuna) but i’d recommend those bill hurley cc sand eels... last season they caught well when no other lure did.

Thanks I will give them a try