RebelMusicNP

January 2019 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

228 posts in this topic

1 min ago, MarkG said:

not sure why I would get that response....

wasn't asking for a specific location

If someone sez they are catching lottsa fish, a huge zone is not spot burnin'.

The report is valueless and seems made up or a joke....can't tell by the post.

If they are banging' them in Maryland/Virginia, then who cares.

So there's no fish, which of course is ok.

...just sayin'....

I'm pretty sure Pad was just having some fun while it's slow and we entered a deep freeze.  But I also assumed you were being sarcastic and it appears I was wrong so what do I know.  :shrug:

1 hour ago, MarkG said:

not sure why I would get that response....

wasn't asking for a specific location

If someone sez they are catching lottsa fish, a huge zone is not spot burnin'.

The report is valueless and seems made up or a joke....can't tell by the post.

If they are banging' them in Maryland/Virginia, then who cares.

So there's no fish, which of course is ok.

...just sayin'....

Lol I was just having some fun. It was -17 degree windchill LOL, I doubt anyone was fishing. Even the ice guys probably stayed in!!!

2 hours ago, fishless said:

I'm pretty sure Pad was just having some fun while it's slow and we entered a deep freeze.  But I also assumed you were being sarcastic and it appears I was wrong so what do I know.  :shrug:

Ok

I obviously don't know him here as well as u.

Thnx.....carry on

1 hour ago, Pad_Crasher said:

Lol I was just having some fun. It was -17 degree windchill LOL, I doubt anyone was fishing. Even the ice guys probably stayed in!!!

Well u r right about that....wasn't thinking of the conditions.

Thnx for honesty.

I'll try to remember this in the future so I don't embarrass myself again.:hooked:

8 mins ago, MarkG said:

Well u r right about that....wasn't thinking of the conditions.

Thnx for honesty.

I'll try to remember this in the future so I don't embarrass myself again.:hooked:

After this fall tensions are high and everyone is desperate for a fish, no worries!!!

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 1/22/2019 at 5:49 PM, Pad_Crasher said:

After this fall tensions are high and everyone is desperate for a fish, no worries!!!

I don't feel particularly tense or desperate at the moment or back in the Fall for that matter.

Had small and a few near keepers on light tackle....it was fun.....adjusting to the conditions made it like fresh water bassin'. It stayed warmer than usual thru Dec=early Jan.

Would've liked a few for the table or one big girl for a pic/C&R.

If I were desperate, I'd go to my local fish market and buy some fillets.

Me thinks high tensions=more beer.

Edited by MarkG

3 mins ago, MarkG said:

I don't feel particularly tense or desperate at the moment or back the Fall for that matter.

Had small and a few near keepers on light tackle....it was fun.....adjusting to the conditions made it like fresh water bassin'. It stayed warmer than usual thru Dec=early Jan.

Would've liked a few for the table or one big girl for a pic/C&R.

If I were desparte , I'd go to my local fish market and buy some fillets.

Me thinks high tensions=more beer.

It was fairly seasonal in December. Mostly says in low-mid 40s. There were a couple of 50-60 degree days but they usually came with rain.

But hey, glad you are happy. I'm relatively new to the surf so driving an hour to get skunked is all I've been able to do and all I've really known. I'm more of a fluke guy, almost never get skunked and it's warmer!

14 mins ago, Pad_Crasher said:

It was fairly seasonal in December. Mostly says in low-mid 40s. There were a couple of 50-60 degree days but they usually came with rain.

But hey, glad you are happy. I'm relatively new to the surf so driving an hour to get skunked is all I've been able to do and all I've really known. I'm more of a fluke guy, almost never get skunked and it's warmer!

I drive 1.5 hrs[I know this isn't a contest]

But I have a place on the beach so I'm right there for the action lack of it...and usually don't have to turn around and make the schlep back immediately.

Rain doesn't bother me but some of the rain had high winds and unfishable high tides[and some lows!]....disappointing.....more beer.

Remember, Fall is the best time of year for bass/blues/albies, BIG[ger] fluke etc. Spring a close 2nd. Summer not so much except for fluke which seem to be making a comeback. It has sucked for years.

Outfront is starting to heal a little bit>clams, mussels, small baitfish, etc has looked like this in a long time. Fuingers crossed...more beer.

56 days until Wednesday March 20 2019 a Wednesday - 1 month and 25 days from today

The March Full Moon and the start of the Bass season (depending on weather)

I'm never going to make it !

45 mins ago, Sudsy said:

56 days until Wednesday March 20 2019 a Wednesday - 1 month and 25 days from today

My start date is always St. Paddy's Day. Rain, snow, or shine, I make my first cast that day. Been doing it for years. 

50 mins ago, Sudsy said:

Buck up little camper, it will be here before you know it. 

1 hour ago, MarkG said:

I drive 1.5 hrs[I know this isn't a contest]

But I have a place on the beach so I'm right there for the action lack of it...and usually don't have to turn around and make the schlep back immediately.

Rain doesn't bother me but some of the rain had high winds and unfishable high tides[and some lows!]....disappointing.....more beer.

Remember, Fall is the best time of year for bass/blues/albies, BIG[ger] fluke etc. Spring a close 2nd. Summer not so much except for fluke which seem to be making a comeback. It has sucked for years.

Outfront is starting to heal a little bit>clams, mussels, small baitfish, etc has looked like this in a long time. Fuingers crossed...more beer.

Are you speaking about out front? Or in general?

Anyone have a resource that they use to pull historial weather data?

I used to use Wunderground which had some useful mtd graphs, but their website is extremely slow and it looks like they took away the graphs. I'm looking for temps, wind speed and direction, bp. Anything more would be a bonus.

1 hour ago, DragonsLax48 said:

Anyone have a resource that they use to pull historial weather data?

I used to use Wunderground which had some useful mtd graphs, but their website is extremely slow and it looks like they took away the graphs. I'm looking for temps, wind speed and direction, bp. Anything more would be a bonus.

They've recently merged with intellicast. I used to use intellicast for very accurate houly forecasts. Now since merging both sites suck, interface wise.