2019 Massachusetts Random Image Thread

Rate this topic

2 mins ago, KidDkivahh said:

Ya that did first time ever . I've had a few hang fires ( never fun ) just glad it wasn't a giant . The best part was going through all my junk trying to find my pullet puller . 

Never good.....usually means you hunted all day and it wasn't going to fire anyway ..... so you were sight seeing.

Or you had a chance at a deer and ......click....

I used to pull them at the end of the day sometimes if shooting it wasn't convenient, always feels weird pulling a live one....

19 hours ago, KidDkivahh said:

I was on a deer like I said thankful it wasn't a real good one . I'm with you on pulling a live one I always clear it every time out .  

Ever since switching to an inline it's a piece of cake to remove the breech plug, pop out the pyrodex pellets, and push the bullet back out of the barrel. I usually do that now just to save on cleaning time. I've never shot it at a deer.

With the old T/C Renegade I'd always remove the nipple, pick out a little powder, and replace it with fresh. Never had to use the puller. 

I'll have mine on the rocks.

13 hours ago, Eagles Dare said:

Ever since switching to an inline it's a piece of cake to remove the breech plug, pop out the pyrodex pellets, and push the bullet back out of the barrel. I usually do that now just to save on cleaning time. I've never shot it at a deer.

With the old T/C Renegade I'd always remove the nipple, pick out a little powder, and replace it with fresh. Never had to use the puller. 

Funny you mentioned nipple removing the nipple . That was the first thing I did and added fine priming powder ( 4fg ) . My weapon of choice happens to be a T/C renegade . After giving it some thought I seemed to began having issues since using black powder substitutes . I'm thinking of getting a different nipple and using musket caps and switching back to black powder. On a side note I don't have any issues with my present in line gun. I just don't like using it had it not been an xmas present from my employees I'd have dumped it years ago.Thx for your imput .

On 12/21/2019 at 2:55 AM, KidDkivahh said:

Click...........…........................……..................…...….:soapbox:5df9e4d8287dc_100_2237(1).JPG.3d22f5a7667b2b45df71d38fce871d94.JPG

been there, done that!    I think I even cried once.    

First time ever anyone ever actually pushed a deer TO me after years and years of pushing to other people, a whole herd of deer come bounding out of the woods right at me.   Some even stopped to see what that "snap!" was.   The rest just kept filing by unharmed.

DITCH TROLL