bonefishdick

2019 All Things Fly Fishing

Rate this topic

362 posts in this topic

On 5/2/2019 at 0:41 PM, matt_man said:

Nothing beats a good gill grip on a brood stock fish

Relax. I stocked a TINY pond for the kids in my club to fish in South Jersey. Fish swam by the other day and was taking bugs off the surface. 

A beautiful brook hiding within very suburban metro Portland....  Brook trout heaven ( until the water warms up...)  One stockie near the road and gorgeous wild fish about a mile from the road.

brook trout heaven.jpg

5 hours ago, titleguy said:

A beautiful brook hiding within very suburban metro Portland....  Brook trout heaven ( until the water warms up...)  One stockie near the road and gorgeous wild fish about a mile from the road.

brook trout heaven.jpg

Sweet! Lots of woody debris habitat. Be careful what you share online my friend... *everyone* loves some good fishing right in town.

Went out to check on the salmonfly hatch yesterday afternoon. Big bugs are flying but the fish aren’t keyed in on them yet. They were taking a #16 flashback PT really well as a dropper tho. 

1C60EDE9-C452-4708-B242-688402EA7555.jpeg

On 5/4/2019 at 2:46 PM, mightyrime said:

are you north of ventura?  Here is south LA the corbina are showing

SLO County. Yep, I am seeing some corbina pics on Instagram from down south, and they are getting some bigger perch as well. 

First night on the beach last night- nada- but the Skagit max long 525 in money on the Meiser...  Brook trout from Monday.  25 days now...

May 8.jpg

May 6.jpg

Posted (edited) · Report post

Stripers are starting to increase in size. This is my biggest fish so far this season taken at low slack just as the tide started to move in again. Took an olive over white bead chain clouser on the pause.

Time to loose some sleep and get out there...

IMG_4924_a.jpg

Edited by JEFFSOD