2019 All Things Fly Fishing

Rate this topic

bonefishdick

Tomorrow will be the first day of 2019 and in keeping with the same format I will start with the sunrise picture I edited to show 2018 fading below the horizon and the rise of 2019.

This is a very significant picture for me, I am so much looking forward to 2019.

P1060612-2019.JPG

Edited by bonefishdick

The Tug Is The Drug

P1060161avrs.JPG.4cfec72f29b8d59afe85d0e7a9d85266.JPG

I received this surprise package in the mail yesterday just in time to start tying some new new flies for Sanibel.

This was a total surprise and all I can say is "Thank You Very Much" to my very good friend Pete Squib, I see lots of new Kwan Flies in the near future. This was a total surprise !

P1100858.JPG.8e2eb789ab76a04a89f24fd0c42bc925.JPG

The Tug Is The Drug

Santa Clause was very good to me once again and as usual, toys for the old man ruled the day. My big gift was a new Dyna King vice and I had no idea that the first thing I would tie on it was not going to be a fly.

Each year I go to Sanibel at least two times a year but that did not happen last year which also meant I had lots of time to think about lots of things. The one thing I really thought was this year I wanted to expand my fishing by trying to break out my spinning rod and use some small jigs for the Snook when the wind was not user friendly. I have a friend on Sanibel who slays the fish using a 7 ft spinning rod with 10 lb Power Pro, a bite tippet and 1/2 ounce jigs. After observing him for a few years I decided that I would follow suit and see how things would go on the Dark Side.

The new vice actually got broken in making up a bunch of 1/2 ounce jigs which hopefully will get me through  the year since they will not be my first choice. I know they aren't flies but it's fishing.

The final product.

P1100864sol.JPG.591d81f1848475adb8d609115e5efc30.JPG

The Tug Is The Drug

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 6:26 PM, Uncle Stu said:

Fat surf perch on Uncle Stu's Pretty Good Mole Crab. 6w Echo switch, 8w Airflo line.

IMG_20181106_140353_519.jpg

IMG_20190102_115056_283.jpg

Awesome Stu!  Love the fly-  I am going to try something similar this year for my secret flats.

I would ******* LOVE a grave blanket. icon14.gif

4 hours ago, bonefishdick said:

Santa Clause was very good to me once again and as usual, toys for the old man ruled the day. My big gift was a new Dyna King vice and I had no idea that the first thing I would tie on it was not going to be a fly.

Each year I go to Sanibel at least two times a year but that did not happen last year which also meant I had lots of time to think about lots of things. The one thing I really thought was this year I wanted to expand my fishing by trying to break out my spinning rod and use some small jigs for the Snook when the wind was not user friendly. I have a friend on Sanibel who slays the fish using a 7 ft spinning rod with 10 lb Power Pro, a bite tippet and 1/2 ounce jigs. After observing him for a few years I decided that I would follow suit and see how things would go on the Dark Side.

The new vice actually got broken in making up a bunch of 1/2 ounce jigs which hopefully will get me through  the year since they will not be my first choice. I know they aren't flies but it's fishing.

The final product.

P1100864sol.JPG.591d81f1848475adb8d609115e5efc30.JPG

The dark side is strong in you......

I would ******* LOVE a grave blanket. icon14.gif

Dick,

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - NO!!

The take is not the same.

Going to Tampa area in mid Feb - with a wading guide - He spins fish most of the time. He says he's not much of a fly guy - but will practice with a fly rod before I get there. 

Hope to post some nice red fish pix.

• Gilbey locked this topic